The Chainsmokers: Collage EP

The Chainsmokers: Collage EP

The best yet.

39
The Chainsmokers: Collage EP
Your EDM

I woke up this morning to realize that The Chainsmokers have dropped their 2nd EP out today: Collage EP. The dynamic duo released their first EP, Bouquet, in 2015 which had the hit Roses on it. This might be my favorite EP to ever be released to date. If you are a big fan of the The Chainsmokers like myself, you will know that this new EP is fire. Collage has five smash hits, many that have already been out as singles. The five songs include: All We Know, Closer, Inside Out, Don't Let Me Down, and their newest song, released today (November 4, 2016), Setting Fires. Here is my review.

1. All We Know ft. Phoebe Ryan

When I found out Phoebe Ryan was the voice for this song, I was absolutely thrilled. I discovered her when I heard her song 'Mine' and immediately continue to follow her music. I think she has a very distinct voice. Matching up with Drew's voice as well just makes everything better. I am very happy to see The Chainsmokers explore more in their music by adding Drew's voice into the mix. Especially in the next song...

2. Closer ft. Halsey

I think we all know this one. This is arguably the most popular song ever recorded by The Chainsmokers. 'Don't Let Me Down' comes in a very close second, but as of now 'Closer' has been #1 on the Billboard Top 100 but 11 weeks in a row! How crazy is that! With Halsey's good looks and breath-taking voice, who wouldn't want to listen. And not to mention how sexy the video for this song is. Gives me feels every time I watch it.

3. Inside Out ft. Charlee

'Inside Out' may be the least popular of the five on the EP. Not because people don't like it, but I don't think it has gotten enough mainstream time, credit, etc. for how great this tune really is. Charlee was a new artist to listen to for me. I think her voice was absolutely perfect for this song. 'Inside Out' is more of a love song for me and definitely has a slower tempo out of the five. Still brings in The Chainsmokers beat and flare.

4. Don't Let Me Down ft. Daya

Classic party song. Every knows all the words at parties and screams the at the top of their lungs. You got to give credit to Daya. She's 18 and has a platinum selling song as well as an amazing first self-entitled album. Very well accomplished for her age. The beat drops and a funky beat plays; you can't control your body as it moves. It's a catchy tune that you won't forget.

5. Setting Fires Ft. XYLØ

This song is their newest single. I definitely think this fits in a long with the overall EP but it definitely adds a little extra spunk. Just like Charlee, I have never heard of XYLØ before so I have very excited to hear a new artist and fall in love with her voice. When artists use their audience to help other maybe more unknown artists get some exposure, I absolutely love it. We are able to expand our musical palette and fall in love with another amazing artist.

After The Chainsmokers broke into mainstream music from their hit 'Selfie', it has been nothing but hit after hit. From all of us Chainsmoker fans, we thank you for that. Please continue to produce and release more jams that we can rock out to wherever we are. 10/10 for me.