4 Ways To Participate In The Cauliflower Fad

The many different way to make such a plain vegetable so tasty.

17
https://pixabay.com/photos/cauliflower-vegetable-fresh-849643/
Pixabay.com

In today's society, everyone is obsessed with food. Whether it is negative or positive is up for debate, but regardless, the newest diet, ingredient or recipe is always the topic of discussion.

I have come to enjoy the fad of cauliflower. Everything is cauliflower. Cauliflower rice, cauliflower noodles, even cauliflower pizza. You name it and it's cauliflower. When thinking of this vegetable, the idea of this being a yummy ingredient is quite hard to believe. It's white, bland, and looks like a tree. How could this be such a craved taste?

There are a few ways that I have eaten cauliflower that are honestly so tasty that I continue to crave it.

1. Cauliflower Pizza

I know what you're thinking. People who are eating cauliflower pizza are just trying to find a healthier version of pizza. While this can be true, it adds more flavor and is a lighter option. Personally, loaded crust is too much for me that I can only eat so much. When eating this cauliflower crust, I find it more moist, flavorful and I eat the entire pizza. With this being an option, I suggest making your own pizza crust. This could be by physically grating a head of cauliflower or using cauliflower rice.

2. Cauliflower Noodles

This is the same thing as the pizza. Instead of the carb-heavy regular pasta, the use of cauliflower as your noodle offers a lighter version. The noodles are more tasteful, giving you a different taste to your marinara, pesto, alfredo or even just straight up cheese sauce.

3. Cauliflower Crackers

Yes. It is true. Cauliflower has evolved into cracker form. Instead of munching on your typical Wheat Thin, Triscuit, or Ritz cracker, you can snack on cauliflower! As gross as it sounds, they are actually quite delicious.

4. Grilled Cauliflower

Sick of broccoli, asparagus, peppers, zucchini or squash? Mix up your veggies by eating cauliflower. The best way to eat this vegetable is by grilling it. Add some olive oil, your favorite seasoning, and toss it onto the grill. When you grill it, it softens and adds a little charcoal to it. This combo tastes great with some hummus.

As you can see, we are getting very creative with the foods we eat. I think it is interesting to see how our food society is becoming so complex that we are taking vegetables and making them into something so tasty. If you haven't tried any of these new concoctions, I strongly suggest that you do so.

I'm very interested to see where this cauliflower fad heads within the next year or so. What's next, cauliflower wraps? Or maybe cauliflower ice cream? I guess we will have to wait and see...