JP: The Brother from Another Mother

JP: The Brother from Another Mother

Seth Rogen has nothing on you

5
JP: The Brother from Another Mother

Meet JP:

Jean-Phillipe, I distinctively remember seeing him my second night at Holger, I definitely thought he was the eye candy version of Seth Rogen. Cool, calm, and collective, JP is a charming young man that enjoys cooking, watching John Wick, and going on Tinder dates. In no time at all, he became my go to on tough days. He sits there and listens to my rants, then he gives me his opinion and puts things into perspective for me. Once I'm done having nervous meltdowns we watch an action movie and call it a night.

I had no problem deciding which was my favorite memory with JP. I came into his room on a Friday night when Nancy, Ariane, and Macke had all gone on trips. I sat on his bed and just completely broke down and lost it. I mean the tears were just streaming down my face. He sat there for at least an hour just listening to me babble about school and work and home and all of the new challenges that I know I'll have to face when I get home. When I was finally done complaining about my first world problems and feeling sorry for myself, JP sat on the bed with me and just hugged me. For a minute it was just silent, and then he spoke in a soft voice the most comforting truth I have ever heard. He murmured, "None of us know what we're doing, we're just a group of 20-somethings trying to be adults for the first time in our lives. Stop putting so much pressure on yourself, this is the first time that you're doing this and you are not alone." And that was it. We put on Mad Max (awesome movie by the way), and the weight that once kept me slouched was finally lifted, and for the first time in my college career, I felt like I could breathe. Okay, that was a little dramatic, but I did feel a ton better!

Thanks for being like a brother, and being interested in my non-existing love life, and for being the voice of reason in the midst of my chaotic mind. I love you JayPs.