The Book Of Matthew Is The Best Book In The Bible

Aside from just reading the Bible every day anyway because I want to and spending time with God daily is important to me, I often refer to the Bible when I'm trying to find something to help me get through something I am going through.

When I went through a bad breakup, went and found verses about disappointment and heartbreak. When I have gotten stressed (which is all the time, let's be honest), I went and looked for verses about stress and being overwhelmed.

It's just something I do. I am also a big fan of finding songs, the perfect songs, that describe how I feel in certain situations because I turn to music so much, but that's an entirely other thing.

I have found time and time again, that whenever I'm searching for verses that are relevant for what I am going through, the book of Matthew has something for pretty much everything. I went back and looked at my Bible journal, and I've written about something in Matthew six times this month already. Matthew is THAT book.

There are verses about loving your enemies, praying, and how to do it, stress, anxiety, judgment (and why we shouldn't judge. Some “Christians" needed to hear that), etc. The list goes on and on.

Matthew 7:1-6 is essentially all about not judging Matthew 6:5-8 is essentially all about praying, and how to do it. Matthew 6:25-34 centers around anxiety and not worrying about things.

This one is super important to me and one of my favorites because I have anxiety a lot and I try to combat it by reminding myself that God already has things worked out. I really have to just give it all to him and stop worrying.

Obviously that is easier said than done, but it's what I need to do. There is no point in stressing over things I can't control

I personally think it is so important to find something that you believe in and can rely on, whatever that may be. For me, it just happens to be the word, and more specifically I know I can always rely on Matthew specifically.

Knowing there is going to be an abundance of relevant verses in one book, especially when there are so many books in the Bible, makes it so much easier.

It can be overwhelming to read the Bible or try to find something you're specifically looking for. Having a “go-to" book makes it easier and less daunting of a task.