'The Bodega Boys' Are Back On Television And I Am So Excited

'The Bodega Boys' Has Returned To Television And I Am So Excited

It's hard not to laugh at the funniest comedy duo on the internet.

147

If you are an active Twitter user like me, then you probably have seen accounts named @THEKIDMERO or @desusnice. These accounts belong to comedians Desus and Mero.

I first discovered them through their respective Twitter accounts. Every time something or someone was trending, I could always count on seeing these Bronx natives to give their comedic input on what was going on.

Eventually, I found myself following both of them because I thought they were so hilarious. I also ended up listening to their weekly podcast "The Bodega Boys." After a while, they landed their own show called "Desus & Mero" on Viceland, which ended prematurely due to Viceland being petty and canceling the show last year due to Desus and Mero's new deal with Showtime.

I personally thought the Viceland show was just okay. Viceland seemed to restrict and try to censor what Desus and Mero said. This was the complete opposite of their podcast, where they say whatever they want about whoever they want.

Surprisingly, they haven't been "canceled" yet by people on social media with the things they've said. But with their new home on Showtime, I expect that to change very quickly. That is part of the reason I enjoy them so much.

I don't find a lot of people that are supposed to be comedians funny.

I'm not a fan of Kevin Hart, Tiffany Haddish, or even these so-called Instagram "comedians." They all try too hard to be funny and just come off as fake and unauthentic. My most hated joke is the "black people do this but white people do this" joke a lot of comedians love to use. I think it's pretty overdone and just a way to get a cheap laugh out of people without even trying.

Thankfully, from what I've seen from Desus and Mero, they avoided this joke. I laugh at their constant inside jokes about New York despite not living there, and their impersonations of racist police officers kill me every time I hear them.

Now, the duo has got themselves a new show airing on Showtime that looks to be bigger than ever, as they will now have skits. The first guest will be U.S. Representative and fellow Bronx native, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

These two have come along way. Years ago, they were just two poor guys on Twitter that liked to make jokes. Today, they now have a podcast and a show featuring a current U.S. politician. If that doesn't tell you how strong their brand is, then I don't know what will.