The Biggest Problem with Education Today

The Biggest Problem with Education, and How You Can Fix It?

45
Problem with Education

School education problems have now become one of the hottest topics across the world, and especially for India. In fact, it is like a global warming issue where everyone is facing some concerns on a daily basis.

Thus,

It needs to be fixed as soon as possible because a person's success is based on factors before ever entering the education system.

Education is one of the critical components of social infrastructure. The well-structured education system plays an important role in accelerating the pace of economic development.

So, without any further ADO,

We are sharing some of the major issues that our education system is facing. Here, we have also attached their solutions that can be employed to do things right:

Five Challenges Facing Education System

Education System

Despite the best efforts, our educational development still remains at a low level. We've outlined the following 5 challenges facing education today:

• Overcrowded School
  • No Technologies Are Being Used in Classes
  • Irregular Progress Tracking Loop
  • Poor Environment of School
  • No Special Program Organized by School Management

Let's read and understand them one by one in brief and find answers on how to fix them.

PROBLEM # 1: HIGH-CLASS STRENGTH TO LOWER TEACHERS RATIO

The biggest problem of today's education system starts with improper class strength and teacher ratio. However, there are many problems in the education system but having too many students per teacher is literally bursting out at the seams.

In fact, most teachers agree that they cannot effectively focus on students individually in a classroom if the class strength exceeds about 30.

Solution 1: Reduce the classroom size and hire more faculties in school. By considering the solution, teachers would be able to focus on each student individually and effectively. All students will get one-to-one assistance easily.

PROBLEM # 2: OLD TEACHING METHODOLOGY

Some schools are working with old books, old technology, and old facilities. That shows they are following the old teaching methodology.

Every student is unique and comes with different learning abilities. Some students take time to learn something and some do it quickly.

But, old methods could easily cause a lack of enthusiasm amongst students. Apart from this, old teaching methods do not only reduce the interests of students in the study but also affect teachers' teaching behavior.

Solution 2: Modern teaching methods need to come into the classroom to keep up with the learning demands of this century. With better education tools, students have shown more willingness to learn. Modern teaching methods such as; video classes, smart education classrooms, digital learning, digital diaries, + more.

PROBLEM # 3: NO REGULAR TRACKING PROGRESS

Results report books provide a very limited picture of the student's progress. In fact, such reports do not show where the student is lacking nor does it show any ownership of tracking their development. Because of this, it becomes very difficult for parents to understand their children's progress & lack of status, and the student does not even understand what topic they need to focus on more.

Solution: A regular & one-to-one counseling is a must for each student where the teacher will listen to students' concerns and tell them solutions accordingly. Also, in this session teachers will explain to students where they are lacking and they need to focus more on that. This way students will set their target and will go beyond the numbers.

PROBLEM #4: INDISCIPLINE AND BEHAVIOR ISSUES

Schools are having difficulty while handling tardy students. Also, it becomes hard for teachers to monitor student's activities including attendance, leave, discipline, assignments, etc. Because of that indiscipline and behavior issues are always on the top. Parents are also raising this concern to school management. Thus, indiscipline ruins a classroom environment and due to these good students also suffer a lot.

Solution 4: Improve classroom environment with discipline tracking and behavior management system to easily handle tardy students and uninformed absences.

PROBLEM #5: DO NOT EMPOWER STUDENTS FOR THEIR BETTER FUTURE

Today's schools are just imposing their 100% focus on completing the syllabus (without even listening to students' concerns) and giving 0% focus on competitive exams. The competitive exam will motivate students and keep them one step ahead of others. Schools that are not preparing their students for any competitive exams. Hence, students are suffering more in their higher education.

Solution 5: Start Pre-Foundation Program in school for 5th to 10th students where faculties prepare students for NTSE, IJSO, Pre-RMO, NMTC along with early preparation of IIT-JEE & NEET while balancing school preparation. Make this pre-foundation program compulsory in school.

How India's education hubs are contributing?

Nothing can be more relevant if we compare the problems in our education system with the current COVID scenario because our education systems are on a rigorous test in this hard time. Education hubs are the major elements who contribute and represent to all the current situation and reforms that we're witnessing right now.

Kota being the major also known as the land of education and Sikar is known to be the second largest education hub in India. Both the education hubs own a responsibility to house, nurture and pave the path to success for tens of thousands of students who leave their homes to prepare for the tough competitive exams like JEE, NEET and numerous other exams.

It is likely that we can expect the education support and inspiration from them to guide other institutions who are catering millions of student of various age groups and who currently are suffering to cope-up with their studies.

It's great to see that some of the best schools in Sikar and Kota are evolving at much faster rates to provide the best education to the students from across the nation.

This evolution to provide prompt distance learning powers to students is not only helping our students to pace-up with the friction of this situation but also is setting a benchmark for all those institutions in India who are somewhat struggling to provide a good online learning experience.

What You Can Do Next?

Overall, today's education system needs a lot of improvement in order to achieve a well-structured system. They need to transform their school system into a modern environment with the help of high technology tools & great planning. These modern tools will support the academic and administrative processes. Hence, schools, and students will easily be able to achieve their goals.

Apart from modern tools;

To succeed in everyday tasks, a school should follow great planning ahead such as they need to hire an experienced faculty team, need to be updated with new teaching methods, conduct proper classes, one-on-one counseling, and more.

Consider all the above solutions and get rid of some of the education challenges you are facing right now. Because we need to make our education system better to get it ready for our next generation's future.

Hopefully, this article gave you an insight into the problems in education today and how to fix them effectively.