The Biggest Change Always Starts With The Little Things

Change is ok.

21

“I don’t know if you know who you are until you lose who you are.” I don’t know what it is about this quote that gets to me, but I love it in every single way. Life is a journey filled with many up and downs and these obstacles we face often change us. They shape us into a person we never knew, the person we always wanted to be, or the person we never wanted to be.

Life has many twists and turns and sometimes they break us down or build us into a stronger person. What comes along with these twists and turns is change. Change can be a good thing or a bad thing. Often change comes with a big step in a foreign direction. These changes can be as big as leaving home and going to college, moving out, moving to a new house, or as little as cutting your hair or picking a new style.

What all these changes have in common is that they are slowly changing you into a different person. Whether it be as obvious as cutting you hair or dressing a different way, they all lead to a lifestyle change. You start to see your old self slip away and question yourself if it was for the better. They say that everything happens for a reason, so maybe these small changes are making you move closer to the person you are supposed to be or meant to be.

Finding yourself is hard and difficult to do especially if you never truly knew who you were. It’s not too late to take a step back and think about what is going to make you happy. I find myself trying to please everyone else, when the only person I really need to please is myself. I know that some of the choices I’m going to make are going to upset some people and that’s just the reality of it all. It’s up to me to see who I truly want to be in life. It is up to everyone to find out who they love, what they love, who they want to be and what makes them happy. Finding these things out might have to come by losing who you are and embracing who you really want to be or they may be already inside of you, just let them shine out.

Every day is another chance to wake up and be whoever you want to be.