The Best Ways To Practice Self-Care

The Best Ways To Practice Self-Care

Looking to unwind? Read this for your next mental health day!

53
The Best Ways To Practice Self-Care
Gillian Pena

The most important person in your life is you. We always focus on others needs/wants but how often do we take a step back and do that for ourselves??

1.  Take a Bubble Bath

Just a shot of vodka

Perhaps the best way for me to unwind at the end of a long day would be pouring a glass of wine, burning a candle, and getting into a warm bubbly tub. While this seems extra or over the top, sitting in silence with the aroma of your favorite candle, a glass of wine and favorite bubble bath is simply bliss. My favorite candle is Loft No. 7 Tangriene and Guava and my favorite bubble bath is Dr. Teals Epsom Salt Soaking Solution, Soothe and Sleep, Lavender.

2.  Paint Your Nails

Long nails

While yes painting your nails is annoying at times, you get to spend a period of time just purely focused on yourself at that moment. As much as I love going to a salon to get my nails done, I enjoy getting cozy at home, turning on music and painting away.

3.  Eat at a Restaurant Alone

The most nerve racking but the biggest show of confidence. We put all this stanama of being alone in public but it really doesn't matter. No one is even noticing you. Eating at a restaurant alone is such a great way of self care because you get whatever you want. You don't have

4.  Do a Yoga Class

rolling out yoga mat

By far my absolute favorite form of self care. You are in a space all about self improvement and being zen. The people are always so nice and friendly, you get a workout, and you practice self awareness. Yoga classes are one of the only "phone-free" zones left. For a complete hour, you are spending your hour of life focusing on bettering yourself.