The Best Ways To Grow Out Your Hair

The Best Ways To Grow Out Your Hair

Tips and tricks to get your hair growing fast.

59
The Best Ways To Grow Out Your Hair
The News Tribe

Back in August, I made a huge decision. I decided to donate my 24-inch long hair to Pantene Beautiful Length. I ended up taking eight inches off, which was a lot more than I expected, but I still loved it and how somebody would get to enjoy my hair as much as I had. However, after a few weeks, I wanted my hair to grow and I wanted it to grow fast. I knew that it was going to be a while before it really got long again.

Then, this winter, my roommate cut her hair and we both agreed that we were going to try anything to make it grow quickly. So, for the past month, we have been trying to grow out our hair using just about every technique possible. Here is what we have found that works the best.

Washing

First, many people wash their hair every time they take a shower, which is totally unnecessary. Having natural oil is great for your hair because it helps to strengthen it which, in turn, makes it grow. If the oil bothers you, the best solution is to invest in some baby powder which takes away the look of oily hair.

Next, 30 minutes or an hour before washing your hair, put in some coconut oil. I use Lou Ana Coconut Oil which works wonderfully. Then, just shower like normal. Coconut oil is great for minimizing split ends and the nutrients in it can easily get into your scalp. This improves the health of your hair.

Finally, do not dry your hair or wrap your hair in a towel. This causes more split ends and it makes hair extremely unhealthy.

Styling

Stop using heat on your hair, especially when it is wet. Putting heat on your hair causes so much damage. If it's wet, it's like burning it from the inside out. If you must use a heat styling tool, put it on the lowest setting possible in order to cause the least damage.

Stop using brushes and start using combs. Combs are much more gentle on your hair and they pull out much less hair than brushes do. Also, make sure that you start combing at the bottom and then work your way up. This makes getting tangles out much easier.

Now, the final one is a myth buster. You do not need to get your hair trimmed every six to eight weeks. Only get a trim if you really need it. If you have no split ends after eight weeks, then don't get one. If you have split ends after six weeks, then get one. Everybody's hair is different, so you will just need to figure out how long split ends take to appear in your hair. Wait until you see split ends and then get your hair trimmed. That way, it can keep growing instead of constantly getting cut off.

Blood Circulation

We all love getting massages. Well, now you have a reason to give yourself a scalp massage every day. Scalp massages get the blood circulating through your head which, in turn, helps your hair grow. I recommend giving yourself multiple scalp massages per day and really massaging your shampoo in when you shower. Also, finishing your shower with cold water gets the blood circulating and it can even make your hair much softer!

Other

Get rid of the cotton pillow case and go get a silk one, as it makes sure that your hair doesn't get as damaged and it keeps tangles under control. Also, it's great for your skin too! If you don't want to get a silk pillowcase, they also make silk hair scarfs to wear to bed.

Biotin is important when it comes to hair growth. So, taking biotin medication can give you the extra boost that your hair needs. I prefer to take Nature's Bounty Hair, Skin and Nails Gummies. They are super tasty!

Finally, make sure that you are getting enough protein. It's not only good for your body, it is wonderful for your hair! Your hair is made from protein, so, in essence, the more protein that there is in your body, the easier that it is for your hair to grow.

Results After One Month