The Best Way To Spend Your Study Breaks

The Best Way To Spend Your Study Breaks

We all need them.

47
The Best Way To Spend Your Study Breaks
Conejo Valley Tutor

Finals are coming up, as we all know, and while I should be studying 25 hours a day, I haven't been. With all of the stress of my upcoming tests and assignments, all I've wanted to do is curl up in a ball in a blanket fort and never come out. So here are some of the best ways to take a break from studying.

Napping.

All of the stress makes me beyond tired, and who can get any studying done when I can't keep my eyes open? It's for my best interest, and everyone else's for that matter, that I lie down and take a quick, three hour nap.

Netflix.

After hours of studying, we all deserve a break, so why not take one by binge-watching three seasons of your favorite show? All while lying in bed of course, in case you need to take another nap.

Going out with friends.

Being social is very important for someone's mental health. After a long day of school, the one thing that I need is to wind down with some pointless conversation about anything but school with my close friends.

Social Media.

Everyone deserves a study break about every ten minutes. I have been excessively scrolling through social media in order to avoid the textbooks in front of me. I don't really care what my Facebook friends are doing, I just want to look at something other than Blackboard.

Christmas Movies.

Tis the season! While I'm stressing about my finals, at least I can stress while singing along with my favorite Christmas movies while drinking hot cocoa. The Grinch, A Christmas Story, and The Nightmare Before Christmas are the perfect, festive distractions this finals season.

Writing for the Odyssey.

Instead of studying for my sociology exam, I'm sitting at my computer, writing this article.

Our mental health should be a huge priority for us college students. We can't get through school if we keep having mental breakdowns and anxiety attacks. We need to take care of ourselves. Don't feel guilty for taking study breaks.