5 Ideal Summer Jobs For Those Looking For A Productive, Enjoyable Way To Spend Summer 2021

There are a lot of jobs out there right now for those willing to work. Take advantage of this time!

6

Looking for a summer job and need some inspiration? Look no further. Here are my top five recommendations for summer jobs, some "skilled" jobs and other "unskilled" jobs!

1. Lifeguard!

This is a job that I can first handedly tell you is so much fun. From working at a water park, recreation center, or a children's summer camp, being a lifeguard is so much fun. It is generally around $200 to get your Lifeguard, CPR/AED, and First Aid certification, but it lasts two years and lifeguard can make upwards of $20/hour. You'll have down times as a lifeguard too, and it's nice balance for your ideal summer job!

2. Host!

Let's be real. Not all of us have the time, strength, or energy to be lifeguards, and that's totally okay! My next job recommendation would be to try working in a restaurant for that priceless customer service experience. Most "introductory" jobs offered at restaurants come in the form of host jobs, where you typically seat guests. Hosts tend to make a decent hourly wage, along with tips from servers at some restaurants.

3. Remote Assistant!

I have seen SO many of these opportunities pop up. Remote assistants became a huge industry through COVID, and now, people are realizing it is an efficient way to have an assistant! If you're organized and on top of things, I would look up different jobs as a remote assistant. You can do this job from anywhere, sometimes on your own schedule, for what seems to be good pay for most of these jobs!

4. Bev Cart Attendant!

Managing a beverage cart at a golf course or country club can be hot during the summer, especially in Florida. However, the stories and experiences that one gains as a bev cart attendant are amazing! The tips are fantastic and you get to drive golf carts around. What's not to like about that?

5. Babysitter!

Make your own hours, typically set your own rate, and pick your own clients. Sounds great! Building a reputation as a good and trusted babysitter can pay off BIG TIME in the long run, especially in your local community where you live. Ironically enough, babysitting entails a lot of qualities that employers may even look for one day. Don't discount this summer job!