The Best Of Nicholas Sparks

The Best Of Nicholas Sparks

Most beautiful, tear-jerking, heart-breaking novel quotes and lessons from the best romance author of the century.

44
The Best Of Nicholas Sparks
Hello Giggles

Where do I even begin... Nicholas Sparks has written some of the most beautiful, tear-jerking, heart-breaking novels ever. He's written anything and everything there is to know about love. Sure, some of it is a bit crazy and some may not seem realistic, but it's just so fascinating. Nicholas Sparks definitely made me fall in love with each and every character in his novels. When his novels were turned into movies, I felt like I knew each of them personally and I can't say I didn't learn a few lessons about love and relationships.

First of all, love is commitment as well as compromise. Never fall for someone thinking they will completely change for you or forever remain the same, because they definitely won't. It's more than just rainbows and butterflies, it's taking just as much as it is giving.

Here are some of the best quotes from his novels:

“I am nothing special; just a common man with common thoughts, and I’ve led a common life…But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who’s ever lived: I’ve loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough.” -The Notebook

"Jamie saved my life. She taught me everything. About life, hope and the long journey ahead. I'll always miss her. But our love is like the wind. I can't see it, but I canfeel it." -A Walk To Remember

“They didn’t agree on much. In fact, they didn’t agree on anything. They fought all the time and challenged each other ever day. But despite their differences, they had one important thing in common. They were crazy about each other.” -The Notebook

“When you're struggling with something, look at all the people around you and realize that every single person you see is struggling with something, and to them, it's just as hard as what you're going through.” -Dear John

“I fell in love with her when we were together, then fell deeper in love with her in the years we were apart.” -Dear John

“She was struck by the simple truth that sometimes the most ordinary things could be made extraordinary, simply by doing them with the right people...” -The Lucky One

“Sometimes you have to be apart from people you love, but that doesn't make you love them any less. Sometimes you love them more.” -The Last Song

"I mean, if the relationship can't survive the long term, why on earth would it be worth my time and energy for the short term?” -The Last Song

“Life, he realize, was much like a song. In the beginning there is mystery, in the end there is confirmation, but it's in the middle where all the emotion resides to make the whole thing worthwhile.” -The Last Song

“You made me happy and you made me laugh, and if I could do it all over again, I would not hesitate. Look at our life, at the trips we took, the adventures we had. As your father used to say, we shared the longest ride together, this thing called life, and mine has been filled with joy because of you.” -The Longest Ride

“Remember me with joy, for this is how I always thought of you. That is what I want, more than anything. I want you to smile when you think of me. And in your smile, I will live forever” -The Longest Ride

“If we'd never met, I think I would have known my life wasn't complete. And I would have wandered the world in search of you, even if I didn't know who I was looking for.” -The Longest Ride

“Every couple needs to argue now and then. Just to prove that the relationship is strong enough to survive. Long-term relationships, the ones that matter, are all about weathering the peaks and the valleys.” -Safe Haven

“Love doesn't mean anything if you're not willing to make a commitment, and you have to think not only about what you want, but about what he wants. Not just now, but in the future.” -Safe Haven

Overall, Nicholas Sparks taught me that above all, love is commitment and compromise. It hurts, but it can also heal. It's a beautiful tragedy to be in love but it's a blessing as well. Life isn't worth living without love and it truly consumes you completely. Enjoy life, love as much as possible, and never be afraid to express your feelings.