The Best Netflix Stand-Up Comedy Specials

Ha-ha-ha! Not funnay!

81

This year has been great for Netflix. Since everyone has to stay inside, one of the things most of us are doing is watching Netflix. Luckily, there's a lot you can watch on Netflix, so you probably aren't bored after months of lockdown.

One of my favorite things on Netflix are their stand-up comedy specials. I don't know how Netflix does it, but they are doing something right with their stand-up specials.

Here are my favorite stand-up specials on Netflix that you might enjoy watching as well.

1. Quarter Life Crisis - Taylor Tomlinson

Taylor Tomlinson's breakout special lives up to its name. She manages to capture what it's like to be in your mid-twenties in this day and age, and not knowing what to do with yourself.

2. Stay Hungry - Sebastian Maniscalco

If you love physical comedy, satire, and overreactions that only Italian-Americans can give, I recommend a Sebastian Maniscalco special. He's like Italian, more animated Jerry Seinfeld. Sebastian will just call out all the weird things in society, like spin class to gas stations.

3. Baby Cobra - Ali Wong

pregnant ali wong GIF by NETFLIX Giphy

Ali Wong is brash, outspoken, and unfiltered in this special. Oh, and she's also pregnant in this special. Ali talks about everything from sex, to HPV, to medication, and is unafraid to admit her faults.

4. Kid Gorgeous At Radio City - John Mulaney

Not Funny GIF by moodman Giphy

John Mulaney is amazing. Period. And 'Kid Gorgeous' proves it. John tells us about being an English major in college, church, and meeting Mick Jagger. We also get amazing the "horse loose in a hospital" bit, which is the most strangely accurate analogy for our former reality TV idiot president. Thank god he's leaving the hospital and being replaced with an actual doctor.

5. The Comeback Kid - John Mulaney

Laugh It Up John Mulaney GIF Giphy

Yes, I'm obsessed with John Mulaney. This special is similar to Kid Gorgeous, just with different stories. We learn the right way to make a 'Happy Birthday' sign, and what could be considered a nursery. But the special finishes off with one of the best ever Mulaney stories. The time he met a guy named Bill Clinton, 'The Comeback Kid', hence the name.

6. Elder Millennial - Iliza Schlesinger

Take A Bow Thank You GIF by Iliza Giphy

I think Iliza Schlesinger is one of the most underrated comedians working today. She's a former 'Last Comic Standing' winner, and she's hilarious. 'Elder Millennial' is the perfect name for this special. Iliza speaks about a bunch of relatable topics, and what it's like to get old.

7. Comin' In Hot - Jo Koy

Comedy Reaction GIF by Jo Koy Giphy

Jo Koy is unmatched when it comes to telling stories about his family. His impression of his Filipino mother is legendary, and his stories about his son are hilarious. This special is very informative. We learn how to tell Asians apart, how to make the perfect rice, and why Mexicans and Filipinos are similar.

8. Black Mitzvah - Tiffany Haddish

She Ready Tiffany Haddish GIF by Drunk History Giphy

First of all, I love that Tiffany Haddish just decided to have a bat mitzvah when she was an adult. Who else does that? Second of all, I love this special. Tiffany can make the simplest things, like a hangover, seem like the most hilarious, unexpected thing in the world. I love how much joy she has when she's on stage and talking.

9. 23 Hours to Kill - Jerry Seinfeld

stand up comedy GIF Giphy

Jerry Seinfeld is timeless. Even millennials/Gen Z-ers like me get him. But I really got him when I watched this special with my parents. I really got to appreciate him as a comedian, and found myself relating to what he was saying. Even though he's way older than me.