What Camera Best Fits Your Lifestyle?

What Camera Best Fits Your Lifestyle?

Looking to get into photography? I'll show you what type of cameras best fit your needs.

54

There are two main types of cameras: DSLR cameras and mirrorless cameras.

In a DSLR, a mirror inside the camera body reflects the light coming in from the lens up to a prism, and into the viewfinder so you can preview your shot. As the name suggests, a mirrorless camera does not contain a mirror, but rather allows light to pass through the lens and right onto the image sensor. This then captures a preview of the image on the viewfinder. So, which one is the best to buy for your purposes?

DSLR

This specific camera is best for solely photography. If you want to take high quality photos for a cheaper price, this is definitely the better camera for you. As you progress your photography skills, you can buy more lenses to improve the quality of your pictures, but do not have to get another camera body, making this a beneficial selection. The best DSLR camera for a cheaper price is the Canon EOS Rebel T6, but there are others depending on what you need it for. However, these cameras are larger than mirrorless, so these would not be ideal for traveling, as it would be bulky.

Mirrorless

This camera is best for videography but is also decent for photography. Because there is no mirror in the camera body, this allows for the camera to be smaller. This is better for traveling and moving around a lot with your camera. I personally own a Sony alpha a6000, that I use for vlogging, travel videography, and taking pictures.

Overall, you should select a camera based off of mobility. If you want a camera to take on vacation or to take videos with, definitely get a mirrorless camera, and if you want a standard camera for daily photography, get a DSLR camera. Both are great in their own regards, but choose wisely when it comes to your needs and your budget.