11 Bible Verses You Need To Live Your Best Life

Are you stressed about the new semester? Lacking motivation? Or just need a pick me up? Read some of these bible verses!!

6588
Personal
Megan Adair

We all get stressed sometimes and recently I've found that a bible wrote can relieve my stress and give some well needed motivation. It's 2019 and time to be our best selves.

1. Psalm 37:23-24

"The LORD makes firm the steps of the one who delights in him; though he may stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD upholds him with his hand."

To me this says, "don't stress because God's got your back." It's so easy to get caught up in work and school and forget that God's always looking out for you! This is so comforting to think about.

2. Romans 8:18

"I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us."

You can't have a rainbow if there's no rain first. We go through tests in life, our bad days make us appreciate the good days even more. Any suffering now will be worth it in the future.

3. Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

God has his own plan for all of us. It can be frustrating when things in life don't seem to be going your way but everything happens for a reason. If you trust God's intentions, you'll be okay.

4. John 15:13

"Greater love has no one than his own: to lay one's life for one's friends."

Sometimes you may forget how much God loves you. No matter how you feel or what you're going through, you're never alone.

5. Philippians 4:13

"I can do all things through him who strengthens me"

If you're ever overwhelmed, remember that you can do anything! This quote is a great confidence booster. You can do anything you put your mind to.

6. 1 Peter 5:7

"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."

There's no need to be anxious. Instead, be faithful. "The beginning of anxiety is the end of faith, and the beginning of true faith is the end of anxiety." It has also been said, "Worry is unbelief in disguise."

7. Luke 6:31

"Do to others as you would have them do to you."

We all probably learned this in kindergarten or sometime around there, "Treat others the way you want to be treated." Several years have past since kindergarten but the quote is still relevant. Everyone deserves to be treated with nothing but kindness, sometimes we forget this.

8. Ezra 10:4 

Rise up... take courage and do it."

This is another go to quote for motivation. If you're struggling with something or having trouble getting started, just do it! Trust God's plan. Go out today and conquer what is holding you back.

9. Psalm 34:4

"I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears."

When I think of this quote, I remember that there is truly nothing to worry about. Worrying about an issue is a waste of time, worrying gets you nowhere. There is also nothing to fear. If you keep your faith and trust the process, everything will workout in the end.

10. Colossians 3:2

"Set your mind on things above, not on earthly things."

This is probably my favorite quote of this whole list! It's so easy to be caught up in the materialistic world and want to have the best clothes and fashion sense but these things don't even matter. When you're older and looking back on life, you're not going to even remember the types of shoes you wore when you were young. Nothing we have now is permanent, it's all temporary. So why be so obsessed with things that won't matter later?

11. 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing"

We should all be encouraging each other as much as possible. The world would be a better place if there was no more negativity. We can help by lifting others up. The simplest thing can make someones entire day.

Even if you've never read a page of the Bible in your life, I hope these verses can bring you positivity. Remembering your faith can relieve all stress and bring you great happiness. Stay faithful, hopeful, and confident in God!