The Benefits Of Sleep

The Benefits Of Sleep

Sleep is crucial for a healthy well-being!

106
The Benefits Of Sleep
National Public Radio

As a college student I have realized how important it is to get sleep every day. Without enough sleep, I would not be able to stay alert in class, complete work to the best of my ability or keep a positive mindset when going through with my day. To learn more about why sleep is necessary, please keep reading!

Why Sleep Is Beneficial

Better Health: Strengthens immune system

Better Mood: Sleep affects emotional regulation

Better Weight Control: Getting enough sleep could help you maintain your weight

Clearer thinking: Sleep loss affects how you think

Better memory: If you don't get enough sleep, those memories might get lost

Lack Of Sleep Short Term Effects

Decreased alertness: Difficulty focusing on tasks

Memory and cognitive impairment: All-nighters are counterproductive

Increased risk of injury: Sleep loss leads to higher chances of carelessness and accidents

Lack Of Sleep Long Term Effects

Increased risk of common illnesses: Lack of sleep leads to increased risks of many common diseases

Obesity: Obesity has been linked to lack of sleep

Aging: Getting the proper amount of sleep will keep you looking young

Tips To Help Fall Asleep

Leave the Phone Behind: If at all possible, cut off your computer, phone and TV use an hour before bedtime

Limit Caffeine Intake: Avoid drinking caffeinated drinks

Take a Hot Shower: Relaxes muscles and soothes senses

Clear Your Mind: Use simple mental exercises

I hope this article informed you on why it is so important to rest, and gave you good tips on how to relax, rewind and prepare yourself to sleep after a long day!