The Benefits of a Character Counter

The Benefits of a Character Counter

We are all writers, therefore we should all be caring about how many characters are in the content we craft.

46
Character Counter

Whether it be for our social media posts, our website copy, our digital marketing ads or our blogs, the amount of characters we use in our copy really does matter.

But you should not have to painstakingly count every single character yourself. Instead, you should be making the most of the online character counter tool that does all that work for you.

Set up to ensure that your copy stays within the character limit for a range of online platforms, you can easily keep track of how close you are to max out your limit. This will end up benefiting you in numerous ways.

In fact, we have rounded up the top benefits of a character counter and explained why you should be incorporating this handy tool into your daily writing as soon as possible.

So here are all the benefits you can look to gain from this free (yes, we said free) online tool.

Make it Google Friendly

Many people do not realize this, but your character count has a direct impact on your Google SEO performance. In fact, it will directly impact how easy of a time Google has at reading your website. The factors that influence this are how clear, concise and reader friendly your copy actually is. For example, you need to have a certain amount of characters to even first get on the search engine’s radar. And then your copy needs to b credible enough to actually get picked up and ranked. It really all is about balance. Because too few characters won’t get you noticed, but too many will be a big turnoff and get you to put down in the ranks too. Luckily, character counters will actually show you how optimal your current copy is for Google SEO optimization.

Engage with Real Readers

While impressive stats are important, you want your copy to actually get read by real people rather than bots. This is why many platforms have character limits. They understand what their audience attention span is. So to help you engage with that, they create character limits so that you are encouraged to write clearly, engagingly and in a way that gets the reader wanting more. A character counter tailors to all the various platform requirements so you can curate the perfect post for Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google Ads and more all in one go.

Enhance Your Social Media Profile

How annoying is it when you go to post something on Twitter or Facebook, only to be told that it is too long in a character count? And then, on top of that, risk losing all your hard work and needing to start from scratch. But a character counter takes the guesswork out of re-editing your posts and keeps track of how many more characters you can use. This will make your social media profiles optimized for engagement and even help you continue to grow your followings.

Proofread Your Copy

Even the most well-versed linguist makes a typo every now and then. But rather than risk some other grammar nerd calling you out after you have already posted your copy, a character count tool not only counts your characters but also spell checks your copy at the same time. This is a nice way to have your copy double checked by a credible source and confidently post your copy out into the digital universe without the fear of getting ganged up for writing “there” instead of “their”.

Grow Your Writing Skills

When you are challenging yourself to craft copy to a specific character count, you are learning how to maximize your voice in as few words as possible. This is truly an art and once mastered is something that is definitely worth bragging about. A character counter is a great training tool to help you finesse what you want to say in the most engaging way possible, without ranting on for paragraphs. Imagine if you could say it all in just a sentence or two? A character counter tool helps you get there in no time flat and you will likely see your writing abilities drastically improve.

No Payments or Plans Needed

The best benefit of all is that this tool is completely free to use. Anyone is able to rely on a credible character counter to perfect their copy without having to pay any money or sign their life away.

With so many benefits to gain from using a character counter, why not incorporate it into your writing routine today?