The Beauty of the Cross

The Beauty of the Cross

The cross has a different meaning than anything else!

10
The Beauty of the Cross
Catherine Linnihan

Easter has come and gone for the year. This time of the year, the majority of the population will go to church as a tradition and this will be the only time that they step foot in a church unless they go for Christmas. Most people think that Easter is something that happens once a year and that it is about Jesus dying on the cross and being raised from the dead on the third day. This is true, but Easter is much more! You celebrate Jesus dying and being raised from the dead all year round!

When you think of the cross, you think about how Jesus had to carry the cross to the place where He later died. You also think about Jesus being hung on the cross and dying on the cross. You may also think about the cross being on jewelry. The cross is more than just an object, it signifies a lot of different things.

The cross signifies forgiveness, redemption, hope, unconditional love, and sacrifice. Jesus did not just die on the cross to just do it. Jesus ultimately died on the cross so we could be saved from our sins and have eternal life through Him. Jesus willingly endured God's wrath in order to set us free. When Jesus was crucified and died, He was raised from the dead on the third day, and that is the day we call Easter! The resurrection signifies that there is new life! Jesus was the same after He was resurrected from the dead, but He had a "new" because He was more than just a person, because he was resurrected. This means that we can have new life in Him from Him dying and being resurrected from the dead!

The cross shows that we have been forgiven of our sins because Jesus died for our sins. It also signifies that we have been redeemed through Christ. When you become a Christian, you become redeemed because you become a new person in Christ. We are saved through Christ because we have fallen short of the glory of God and we need someone to help us.

The cross also signifies hope. We have hope in God that He will make things better for us in our everyday walk and we also have hope in the future, especially whenever God will return back to earth. The cross signifies love. Jesus did not have to die on the cross, but He did so that we would have everlasting life. He loved us so much that he was tortured and beaten to death for us. I do not know what better way of showing love than this. He sacrificed his life for us because He knew what was the best for us.

I hope you will remember the cross all of the time and not just during Easter. I am constantly reminded of what Jesus did for me! I could talk more about the cross, but this just sums everything instead of repeating the information in different words. I pray that you will be filled with the love of Christ and be reminded of what all God has done for us