The Beauty In The Moments

The Beauty In The Moments

Today was one of my favorite days.

77

Today was one of my all time favorite days. It was such an ordinary day but the pure bliss and happiness I felt is what made it so unique.

My day had basically consisted of getting up super early, then sitting in a meeting all day. It was SO nice outside so after I got done, we decided to walk to the gym, work out, then walk back. Well about 5 minutes into walking, we decided on a different plan. We didn't actual want to go work out but we still wanted to enjoy the beautiful weather.

So we decided to take a drive to get slushies & icees (because the rational thing to do instead of working out is to get calorie-filled frozen drinks). We got into the car, rolled the windows down, and jammed. Literally playing everything from throwbacks, to pop, to rap, to country. After our pit stops for frozen drinks, we then also proceeded to make not one, but two stops for fries. Fries + slushies/icee = the perfect, well balanced meal.

We made it back to the dorms right as the sun was starting to set but this was one of the moments that I wish would never end. I honestly could have rode for hours. It was something so simply yet so fun. Our little adventure made me feel so blessed and carefree.

If you ever feel bored, or depressed, or stressed, or sad, I would 10/10 recommend you take a drive with you pals and roll the windows down. Even if you feel happy, or excited, or joyful, I would 10/10 recommend you take a drive with your pals and roll the windows down. These times are what become memories.

It's the little moments like this that make me really love life.

"Perfect happiness is a beautiful sunset, the giggle of a grandchild, the first snowfall. It's the little things that make happy moments, not the grand events. Joy comes in sips, not gulps." -Sharon Drape

Anna

**Also, fyi, most RaceTrac gas stations have 12 flavors of icees and 8 flavors of slushies *whoop whoop*