The Beauty Behind Your Flaws And The Ugly Behind Perfection

"Perfection is a disease of a nation." -Beyonce

108
ladyclever.com

No one is perfect.

Not everyone is smart, not everyone has the perfect hair or skin, and certainly no one is better than anyone else in this world. Everyone has flaws, and that's more than okay because our flaws are our true beauty.

Flaws are more gorgeous than any supermodel or Hollywood star. Our imperfections are what make us who we are and the reason why our flaws make us beautiful is because when a person has faults, they are different.

Being different is not just beautiful, but it's also fun! It gives me a thrill to know that imperfections are going against societies expectations and my insecurities only give me strength.

Being different is beautiful because it shows who you truly are, and no one can take that away from you!

The way people see perfection is false in my eyes.

According to Google, the definition of perfect is "having all the required or desirable elements, qualities, or characteristics; as good as it is possible to be," with synonyms such as ideal, model, flawless, utopian, and best.

I'm not sure who wrote this but they obviously don't know what perfection is when they see it. Fulfilling society's "requirements" is like starving yourself to be skinny and getting a nose job to have a more refined nose is nonsense!

My question to these people is, "Why do we need to change? Why do we have to live up your expectations because you should be living up to ours!?"

My philosophy is perfection is imperfection and imperfection is perfection, and I hope all of you will make this your new creed.

If you ever feel the need to do crazy things to be "perfect,'' DON'T!

Block out those voices in your head saying that, "You need to do this" and "You need to fix that to be beautiful." Please do yourself a favor and erase all those thoughts in your head and be proud of you who you are, because at the end of the day you'll be much happier.

In the words of Queen B, "Perfection is a disease of a nation, and it's the soul that needs a surgery."

Let your flaws shine and show the beauty that hides within.