The Top Five College Bars In Fort Collins

2416
Hercampus

With the Colorado State University campus so close to Old Town and all of the bars, college students can often be found drinking away their sorrows on the weekends.

With such a wide array of college students there is a bar to satisfy every need. From hippies to sophisticated sorority girls, there is a bar for everyone in Old Town. Here are a few of the more popular bars.

1. Trailhead

Trailhead is the place to be if you are a flannel wearing hippie. This bar is laid back and a good place to go if you are just looking to chill with some friends. It is the kind of bar that you could go in dressed like a complete bum and no one would notice or care, and that is kind of a nice bar to have, especially during finals week.

2. Yeti

Yeti is a fun bar. It has a more relaxed atmosphere but at the same time is filled with college students who are a bit more "fratty." Not as many hippies can be found at this bar. Yeti is usually the starting point for the people who end up at The Rec Room.

3. The Rec Room

This is the bar for the dancers. For the people who are a bit too wasted to remember what happened the next morning. With a certain dress code, you have to be a bit more presentable than you do for Trailhead. The only reason people usually end up at Rec Room is because it is one of the few bars with a dance floor; there is no other logical reason to spend your night in a bar that constantly smells like vomit.

4. Social

If you are dressed to impress and looking for a calmer, fancier night of drinking, this is the bar for you. With a giant clock and a fenced off stairway, you can usually find this bar by finding the flock of dressed up girls, stumbling around in their heels and elegant yet semi revealing dresses.

5. Lucky Joe's

Personally, I think this is the best bar in town. It is a bit more hippie but not as much as Trailhead. It is not too fancy and is usually not full of frat boys and sorority girls. With a laid back atmosphere and live music, it is a great bar at which to spend your entire night. Lucky's is also a bar where you can find people of all ages, that are legal of course. Many of the other bars are generally filled with solely college students as the older adults try to avoid those bars, which is understandable.

No matter what type of person you are there is most likely a bar in Old Town that will make you feel right at home. You just need to try a few out and find the right fit for you. And even if it takes a while to find the right one, they are all pretty great because, well, they all have alcohol.