The Awakening: A Spoken Word About Embracing Inner Beauty

We need to start embracing who we are on the inside because that is the only way that we can shine on the outside.

45

When I think about self-worth, honestly I think about the kings and queens who came before me,

They had that power and zest.

That swagger and finesse.

They knew where they were and where they wanted to be,

Their minds were liberated and their thoughts were on a level that we may never see,

Because they did not sit there and pretend to be someone they weren't.

They were themselves and that was enough,

They were a force to be reckoned with, they were whip-smart and tough.

Damn...

They didn't need any likes on IG,

Comments and thumbs up?

That shit wasn't a thing.

They didn't measure their worth with likes, views, and polls,

because they knew they didn't need that attention to feel whole.

They used their minds,

Oh, such a terrible thing to waste,

They worked for themselves and looked challenges in the face.

They were pure,

Their natural beauty was untampered,

They held their heads high and they didn't care.

They didn't need any editing or filters

and they didn't need a partner to complete their idealized picture.

They worked on self-care and they lived for themselves:

You see, they are the role models we should look up to for help.

I wanna see them in books and see them in movies,

I want to see them influence the next generation of inner beauty:

Children who know that growth comes from within

and once they love themselves on the inside the transformation will begin.

Their skin will glow and their personality will shine,

They'll have an intrinsic mindset that will encourage them to grind.

It's time that we all set our minds free from the

dictator, the slave driver, and totalitarian that is known as social media.

The example needs to be set that no one is perfect.

It is okay to accept our flaws and our mistakes help us connect,

Connect to each other on a deeper level that leads to self-respect.

And once we learn to live our lives for ourselves,

That is the moment that we can add to our shelves,

An image of self-love and an image of self-worth,

Our minds will grow exponentially and our truths will radiate from the four corners of the earth.