The Art Of Procrastination

The Art Of Procrastination

Oh, the things I have learned.
57

Undoubtedly, we have all fallen victim to that little voice in our ear that whispers, "You can do it tomorrow," or "One more episode". Personally, that voice and I have become very close. Best friends, perhaps. Procrastination probably never leaves my side. We spend a lot of time browsing Youtube, watching movies, eating, the list goes on. It's great company.

To be truthful, I know it's not the most reliable friend to have around. Procrastination has truthfully been the cause of many nerve-wracking all-nighters at the library, breakdowns, and sessions of stress eating brownie brittle. "Why'd you let me get to this point?!", I ask. "How did you expect me to write an 8-page paper in one night?", I inquire. Nevertheless, we've gotten through these things again and again. Through our closeness, I've discovered the Art of Procrastination.

Procrastination has exposed me to beautiful things. Shmoop. SparkNotes. These are websites created purely for the expert procrastinator. I cannot thank them enough. I'm constantly drawn to English classes and classes that involve readings. As a bibliophile and a professional procrastinator, these things sometimes collide. I truly do want to read and underline and highlight, but the voice. While I can't possibly get the same experience from Shmooping as actually reading a text, I can surely get a good grasp of the content. So, for that, I thank you, Procrastination.

I also have impressive experience with writing under pressure. The classic waiting until the last minute has almost become part of my essay writing formula. Whether it is true that I'm better when I write under pressure or not, it certainly feels like it. I mean, nothing can compare to the adrenaline rush you get when you have to somehow formulate seven pages of coherent ideas and concepts in an unpleasantly short amount of time. I value deadlines, and Procrastination has shown me just how ardent I can be to meet them, despite my previous lack of motivation an hour ago.

Above all, that little voice has possibly made me exercise my determination muscle more than anything else could. I can't think of another force that ultimately drives me so fervently to complete a goal than Procrastination. It may not be the ideal way to complete work, in fact, I should probably have a much healthier and less stressful way of completing things.

But who needs health. Procrastination, no matter how often I am told to abandon you for my own well being, I can promise I will never leave!