9 Of The Best Peloton Classes To Take

As a college student, I needed to find new ways to work out as I could no longer rely on my neighborhood Corepower Studio. At the beginning of the year, I was so set in my ways of sculpt yoga classes, that I had a negative mindset towards going to the gym and utilizing gym equipment. I didn't feel like I could do anything correctly and was constantly worried about injury. That's when one of my friends convinced me to try a Peloton class. So I did and was hooked instantly. Luckily, I am still able to utilize Peloton as I quarantine with my family, and have explored it in an effort to change up my workouts. Peloton has reintroduced me to an old love of running, has shown me how strong I can be, and most importantly, has made me love and look forward to working out.

1. "Jess Sims' Full Body: Live from Home"

This intermediate-level strength class is one of, if not the very best, Peloton full-body strength classes I have ever done. Of course, I'm slightly biased as Jess is tied for my favorite Peloton instructors of all time, but there's a reason for that. This class is the perfect combination of upper body and lower body, hence its "full-body" title. Jess really knows how to push you, and find your inner athlete. She is positive, upbeat, and you can just tell she knows what she's doing. If you're looking for a challenge, and to build literally all of your muscles, I suggest taking this class.

2. "Olivia Amato's 10 Minute Core Strength"

Again, I'm biased, because Olivia also ties for first place (in my eyes) as the best Peloton instructor of all time. This class will have your core on fire, with no breaks and constant positive encouragement from Olivia. She knows how to get those core muscles really working, and makes the ten minutes absolutely fly by. I honestly recommend all of Olivia's core classes, but after a heavy internal debate, I'm pretty sure this one is my favorite. So, go work that core with Olivia, get ready to feel the burn.

3. "Cody Rigsby's 10 Minute Arms Toning" 

This class changed me. Nay, Cody Rigsby changed me. Before I took my first arms toning class with Cody, I absolutely dreaded arms. I often eliminated it from my workout, as it just didn't seem like a priority to me. Well, ever since discovering Cody Rigsby's quick arms toning class, which, in my opinion, are hidden treasures, I haven't missed an arm workout. This class in particular is my favorite one. The punches are definitely the best part, besides Cody's incredible commentary, and have your arms hard at work. If you're looking to work your arms, and be entertained for ten minutes straight, go take this class.

4. "Jess Sims' 60 Minute 2000s Boot Camp"

For those of you unfamiliar with Peloton's boot camp classes, your world is about to be changed. Half of the class is on the floor, and half of the class is on the treadmill. You go back and forth in about 10-minute increments, and never get sick of what you're doing. You know that feeling when you think you've been on the treadmill for absolutely forever and would do anything to be done? Yeah, none of that with the boot camps. You are constantly switching up what you're doing and always zoned in. This Bootcamp class is my personal favorite for many reasons. One being I am absolutely obsessed with Jess Sims, another being I am almost as obsessed with 2000s music as I am with Jess. The third, and final, reason I could not recommend this class more is that it really is an incredible workout and super easy to follow. I was drenched at the end, and may or may not have had a smile on my face the entire 60 minutes.

5. "Olivia Amato's 45 Minute Intervals Run"

I'm not going to sugar coat it, this workout kicked my ass. I was gasping for air, but in a good way, if you know what I mean. This run was a great mix of kind of fast, fast, faster, and fastest, but was definitely doable (potentially with modifications). The music was great and Olivia was a fantastic motivator. Whenever I wanted to quit, it was like she was reading my mind and encouraged me to keep going. This class was actually the one that got me back into running after my long post-high school hiatus, and I could not be more thankful. If you're looking for that runner's high, I highly recommend taking this class.

6. "Becs Gentry's 10 Minute Core Class"

This class is a burner. Your core will be as close to on fire as possible without actually being on fire. Becs uses simple moves in this class that truly work magic. It is easy to follow and most certainly does the job. Also, for my fellow Americans, listening to Becs' accent is probably reason enough to take the class.

7. "Selena Samuela's 20 Minute HIIT Cardio" 

This class is a godsend, I'm telling you. For months I have been dying to try boxing, but due to the time we're living in, I have not been able to get started. This class is the best for those in the same boat, or really for anybody interested in the basics of boxing. Selena teaches you how to do many different punches such as jabs, crosses, hooks, and uppercuts. She then puts your knowledge to the test and continues her entire workout with a boxing theme. It had me sweating and feeling so damn powerful.

8. "Jess Sims' 20 Minute HIIT Cardio"

This class is what got me hooked on Peloton. This exact HIIT class is the one that got me truly addicted to HIIT cardio classes and now I absolutely love them. At the time, I was doing my best to get enough exercise while at school but was still completely anti-running due to previous injuries (this was before I took the above Olivia Amato 45 minute intervals run). This class was perfectly hard and had me completely sold on Peloton.

9. "Becs Gentry's 20 Minute Strength For Runners"

While I could probably recommend all of Becs' strength classes, this is the one that always comes to mind first. I'm not sure if it's because it was the first of this type of class I ever took, or if it was because I absolutely loved the class. I think it was both. Becs works every part of your body in this class and explains to you exactly how it will help you with running. She explains how important it is that a runner's brain is worked out with the body, and does an excellent job of connecting with runners. If you are a long-distance runner looking for a great strength day, this is the perfect class for you.