The 9 Best Things About Living In The Villanova Commons

Yes, I attended the ribbon cutting ceremony.

122
Instagram @villanovau

This semester Villanova opened the Commons, new dorms mainly occupied by upperclassmen. My 3 roommates and I feel so lucky to be the first group of seniors to live in our dorm. The apartments are beautiful, have lots of new features you can't find elsewhere on campus, and below I'll explain the rest!

1. They're CLEAN.

Coming from a girl who lived on West last year, I can say I have experienced night and day when it comes to cleanliness. I now walk around barefoot in my apartment without thinking about all the residual dirt and dust that has been left you just can't seem to sweep away.

2. We have singles.

I have genuinely enjoyed living with direct roommates for the past 3 years, but I will say having a single has some major perks. I get to decorate exactly how I want to, I don't have to be conscious of when my roommates want to keep the lights on or turn them off, and they're so spacious.

3. The mail room.

Personally, I am probably way too hyped about the mail room. But it's so convenient being able to pick up your boxes at any hour of the day using the kiosk system. #technology

4. Exercise classes.

The new gym and studio rooms are conveniently located below my building which is insane. Now there's no excuses to be lazy!

5. Everyone is visibly happier on this part of campus.

It's always so clear when walking around that everyone is taking their time strolling through the Commons and taking in all the views. Probably because it's not only beautiful on the inside, but the outside is also pretty sick!

6. It's a quick commute to practically any part of campus.

Are you a business student? I've timed my walk to Bartley at around 5 minutes. Nursing student? Just a short walk farther than that. Need to go to CEER or Tolentine? They are right across the bridge.

7. Frequent Father Peter sightings.

He's pretty much a celebrity on campus and I've seen him checking out the Commons for himself a couple times already.

8. Space to study.

Again, there are just so many spaces you're able to work. Tons of study rooms, meeting rooms, and even classrooms are all over this part of campus.

9. Tons of space outside.

When the weather's nice, you are sure to find a spot to hang out with friends or eat lunch right outside your building!