The 5 Best Hallmark Movies for the Holiday Season

Cheesy yes, but heartwarming and timeless

53
Nutra Pumps

The Christmas season is my favorite time of year, and usually proves to be a joyous time for friends and family around us. There is a break from school, time to see family, skiing and sledding to be done, cookies to bake, and parties to throw and attend. As for myself, one of my favorite traditions is watching It's a Wonderful Life on Christmas Eve, followed by the classic cartoon the next day; Charlie Brown, Rudolf, Frosty the Snowman, and so on ( I especially love the Polar Express, particularly when watched with some hot cocoa and some blankets).

While many things make the season wonderful, another favorite event of mine is movies on Hallmark channel every year; you know, the predictable, cheesy, almost-too-sweet movies that are nothing but happy endings and perfect gentlemen you can never find except for, well, on Hallmark. But these movies are tradition for me, my mom, and my sister, and we watch them with pride. By now, we have probably seen them all, and so, for all of you out there looking for 2 hours to knock out, here are our top 5 Hallmark movies of Christmas.

1. Christmas Detour

Our favorite girl Candace Cameron Bure (of 'Full House') is back and this time, she gets stranded at an airport en route to her fiance when she meets a charming, thoughtful (TALL!) man in the airport. Now I wonder who she'll chose in the end...yes, you can probably guess; still, the humor is great and the laughs are plenty.

2. Dashing Through the Snow

Here we get Andrew Walker, a classic charmer who can pull off anything from a hippie to a cop in these movies, who is a police detective who shares the last rental car with a girl he thinks is a runaway con woman. Ooh, interesting. Turns out she...well, you'll have to watch and find out now, won't you? Also making an appearance is a dog and some tissues (from yours truly).

3. Crown for Christmas

A classic tale of a governess who hangs out with the guy's daughter and ends up marrying him in the process. JK, if that has ever happened anywhere but Hallmark, let me know. But you get a powerful royal family, jealous duchess, a few pranks, and British accents, so what more could you want?

4. A Dream of Christmas

Once again, Andrew Walker returns! His wife is a businesswoman and he's a traveling photographer making a photo book. On a whim, his wife wishes for a single life when she wasn't always busy and when she could see her husband amidst his travels. Little does she know, her wish is overheard by a stranger and she wakes up to see what her life could have been like and how lucky she really is. Nothing like a modern take on It's a Wonderful Life, eh?

5. The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Remember Henry Winkler? the Fonz from Happy Days? Here we get to see him playing the uncle to Brooke Burns, a classic model-like woman with a business mindset and a white-collar boyfriend. Her uncle meets a young, hardworking (cute!) guy and invites him to spend the holidays with them. Sparks fly, and with humor, tricks, and playful meddling, this becomes a Christmas to remember.

These are some of the best cheesy Christmas and holiday movies that my family and I enjoy, and hope you do too! Here's hoping your holiday season was a great one.