The 3 Best Meats To Cook With From Someone Who Hates Cooking Meat

A guide to the cleanest and least cringe-worthy meats to cook

33

If there is one thing that I have learned during my time in college, it is that I HATE cooking meat.

That being said, here are the top three meats that I cook on the regular, all without the nausea that comes with cooking meat.

1. Ground Turkey 

Ground turkey is probably the easiest meat to cook, just throw it in a pan and chuck some taco seasoning on it. I usually purchase the all white 97% fat free kind, just because *shocker* I also hate draining the fat from the pan after cooking high-fat meats.

Ground turkey is also super cheap, coming in at around $2.99/lb. Perfect for a low-budget college student!

2. Thinly-Sliced Chicken Breast

Chicken breast is so versatile, you can put it in almost anything. It is also really easy to season up or down depending on the flavor you are going for. I purchase the thinly-sliced chicken breast from my grocery store's meat counter, and it usually fares well when I freeze some of it during the week. Also, since it is thinly-sliced, it cooks way faster, and you do not have the constant fear of eating thick, undercooked chicken (ew).

Chicken breast is not as cheap as ground turkey, but it still rings up at around $3.99/lb.

3. Spicy Italian Sausage 

Spicy Italian Sausage is a treat for me. It is already in a held shape, meaning you don't have to handle raw meat at any point which I love. It is also already seasoned AND cheap. I cook it in a pan, cut it up, and eat it with sauerkraut, but that's just me. It's super versatile!

Spicy Italian sausage is also pretty cheap, I usually get mine for $1/piece or less!

These three mess-free staples will not gross you out, and they are full of protein needed to sustain a late-night study session or a long workout. They are also wallet-friendly for the average penniless college student.