10 Of The Worst Movies Ever Created

10 Of The Worst Movies Ever Created

But are they horribly bad or hilariously bad?

889
10 Of The Worst Movies Ever Created
tvovermind

Sometimes, really bad movies can be more entertaining than actual good movies.This list is comprised of a mix of movies that are cult classics considered to be films that are so bad they are good and films that somebody should avoid at all costs because they are just plain terrible.There could be worse movies than these 10 but these movies are essentially the base of the worst of the worst in terms of cinema.

1. Bright (2017)

This movie was barely released a month ago and somehow made it onto this list. Starring Will Smith and Joel Edgerton, this buddy cop movie follows a human LAPD police officer and an orc police officer patrolling a fantasy world where mythical creatures such as orcs, elves, and fairies exist. This film tried to convey some type of message or smart deep artistic statement while simultaneously being so absurd to the point where it doesn't communicate anything at all.The forced social and racial elements of discrimination could probably be caught by a 5-year-old. If they wanted to make a movie about politics and race relations, it would be much better if they just did that. But instead, they made a movie about gun violence with mythical creatures in hopes of getting a message across.

2. Battlefield Earth (2000)

The film is unwatchable from the get-go. Based on the writings of Scientology founder L Ron Hubbard, Battlefield Earth is about planet Earth in the year 3000 where it is a deserted wasteland. This film brought John Travolta, who is a Scientologist himself, to an all-time low.The terrible camerawork, which includes excessive use of angled shots and slow motion, are sure to give you neck cramps. The terrible production value, bad screenplay, and over-dramatic acting literally makes the film a chore to sit through.

3. Jack and Jill (2011)

In one of the worst comedies ever made, Jil visits her twin brother Jack for their annual Thanksgiving dinner and overstays her welcome while ruining his life in the process. Adam Sandler plays both Jack and Jill who are twins throughout This reliance on the single joke premise struggles to carry this film. It has absolutely no plot other than Adam Sandler doing a weird accent in a wig. Unfunny, repetitive toilet humor, awkward dialogue, and a nonexistent boring plot make this the first comedy to genuinely make an audience uncomfortable.The film even won every award in every category at the 2012 Razzi Awards which is an annual award show that honors the worst films of the year.

4. Reefer Madness (1936)

Reefer Madness is a movie that revolves around two lovers that partake in using marijuana. The movie is propaganda created and financed by a church group intended to scare people away from marijuana and teach people about the dangers of pot. It contains many false stereotypes about the effects of marijuana, citing addiction, hallucinations, and manslaughter as possible scenarios that could come from using it. This film aged worse than mayonnaise in the sun. It was rediscovered decades after being released and is now known as unintentional satire and a cult classic that is probably watched by many while high.

5. The Room (2003)

Directed by Tommy Wiseau, the movie, intended to be a drama, is a story of betrayal with Johnny (Tommy Wiseau) finding out that his wife Lisa (Juliette Daniel) is cheating on him with his best friend Mark (Greg Sestero). The Room has turned into a cult classic that has been watched by fans over and over again for the past 15 years. The awkwardness and bizarre delivery of lines doesn't just make it bad. It makes it that much more interesting.The film was so notoriously bad it inspired the 2017 film The Disaster Artist which is a mockumentary about the making of The Room.

6. After Earth (2013)

This wouldn't be a worst movies list without an M. Night Shyamalan directed movie. A Science fiction movie that revolves around a crash landing that leaves Kitai Raige (Jaden Smith) and his father Cypher (Will Smith) stranded on earth trying to signal for help. The unconvincing acting filled with cringe-worthy dialogue, and a ridiculous plot that is poorly written is what makes this film a recipe for disaster. Will Smith later referred to the movie as "the most painful failure in my career".

7. Plan 9 From Outer Space (1959)

Directed by Ed Wood, who is widely regarded to be one of the worst directors of all time, this movie could go along with the so-bad-its-good crowd of bad movies. Plan 9 from Outer Space revolves around aliens, zombies, and vampires attempting to stop mankind from developing a bomb. Everything looks so painfully fake with poor production design, careless staging, and flaws that are fully visible such as visible microphones, stage equipment, etc. Some argue that the film is too amusing to be considered a bad movie considering it is so bad that it has gotten to a point where its almost beyond criticism. But strickly in terms of entertainment, this one of the best movies of all time.

8. Gigli (2003)

Gigli is about a low ranked mobster, Larry Gigli (Ben Affleck), who kidnaps a mentally challenged man and holds him hostage in his apartment as Ricki (Jennifer Lopez) oversees him and makes sure he gets the job done. Just to give some context, this film was released at the height of when Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck were romantically involved. This movie was highly anticipated because of that but was a complete disappointment The movie ironically showed a lack of chemistry between the two while being offensive to those with disabilities.

9. Disaster Movie (2008)

Disaster Movie was created by Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer, who are widely known for their other parody films such as Epic Movie and Meet the Spartans that are usually panned by critics.This movie, to nobody's surprise, wasn't any different. With an odd cast featuring Carmen Electra, Kim Kardashian, and Matt Lanter, the plot revolves around horrible supernatural and catastrophic events. This movie panders to the lowest common denominator over and over again with its bathroom humor, unnecessary violence, and offensive stereotypes that will surely leave you with a straight face throughout the entire thing.

10. Glen or Glenda (1953)

Directed by Ed Wood, Glen or Glenda is a docudrama about cross-dressing partly inspired by his story, as well as another story about a man undergoing an operation to become a woman. The film was a story with subject matter that was dear to him and could be seen as a groundbreaking portrayal of LGBT issues at a time where homophobia was extremely common. But just like other Ed Wood films, this movie is so bad that it owns it and is infamous for it. The drama is unintentionally hilarious with its bad acting, ridiculous special effects, and useless stock footage that even includes some footage from World War 2. None of this stock footage is correlated to the film at all and is pretty much just used as filler. This is yet again another case of a movie being so bad that it works towards its favor with its uniqueness and entertaining weirdness.

From Your Site Articles