The 10 Most Epic 'Game of Thrones' Scenes Before Season 8

Huge *spoilers* ahead!

66

The beginning of the end of one of the best shows on television happens this Sunday, April 14th at 9:00 PM. I know we can look forward to many epic scenes, but here are the best so far.

The Death of Ned Stark

Picture Credit

Season 1 Episode 9: The first giant shock that the writers of Game of Thrones gave us was the death of the main character, Ned Stark. After being promised that he would be granted permission to go to the Wall and live out the rest of his days in exile, King Joffrey surprised everyone, including the characters, by publicly executing him after his confession. This was one of the first times that we saw that King Joffrey could not be controlled and that he would cause many problems for other characters in the future. We see both of Stark's daughters watching is execution, and Sansa faints from the image.

The Purple Wedding

Picture Credit

Season 4 Episode 2: King Joffrey was very vile to many characters, so we all assumed someone would remove him. Shockingly, it happened at his wedding reception. After a cruel play depicting the War of the Five Kings, Joffrey taunts his Uncle Tyrion and asks him to be his cup bearer. As he drinks the wine, he realizes it is poison. He begins to choke and turn purple in front of his family and subjects, and brutally dies in Cersei's arms. There is an ultimate backlash from Cersei, as she blames Tyrion and Sansa for the crime.

The Red Wedding

Picture Credit

Season 3 Episode 9: The Red Wedding scene was one of the saddest scenes in the entire show, and would impact many characters for all the seasons to come. At Frey's dining hall, Walter Frey's men turn against King Rob Stark and his men, killing the King, his pregnant wife, his mother, and all of his men. As they are slaughtered, his sister Arya arrives to rejoin her family, but finds them all dead. Heartbreaking, this scene shows betrayal on a new level. After the slaughter has taken place, the men cut the head off of King Rob Stark and sewed his dire wolf's head onto it. They paraded the body with the wolf's head around the encampment.

Walk of Atonement

Picture Credit

Season 5 Episode 10: It was a huge shock when Cersei was taken from her home in the Red Keep by the high sparrow for her crimes. To justify for the sins she had committed, she was sentenced to a walk of atonement before her formal trial. During the walk, she was forced to parade naked in the streets while one of the sisters yelled "Shame" after her. There were many people throwing food at her, her feet were bleeding, and she was harassed the entire way to the castle. Even though she is an evil woman, it was almost unbearable to watch. I took pity on her, and thought that no one should have to endure that, no matter their sins.

The Resurrection of Jon Snow

Picture Credit

Season 6 Episode 2: Although the death of fan favorite Jon Snow was very shocking, what appeared to me as the best scene was his resurrection. After an entire year of Jon being dead, the world watched the first episode of the season, and he remained dead. During the second episode of the season, his friends prepared to defend his honor, and they urged the Red Woman to try her magic to bring him back. She did not believe she could do it, and the process seemed not to work. But in the last seconds, Jon Snow begins to heavily breathe again and he opens his eyes.

Battle of the Bastards

Picture Credit

Season 6 Episode 9: Ramsey Snow was one of the most hated characters on Game of Thrones at this time. After an inspiring reunion between Sansa and Jon, they decided to take Winterfell back. As the battle draws near, Sansa warns Jon of Ramsey's ruthlessness but he does not listen. Ramsey starts the battle with a game to taunt Jon, killing his brother seconds before he reaches him. Heartbroken, Jon rushes in and the battle begins. Jon's army is soon outnumbered, bodies literally piling up all around him. They are defeated, until Sansa brings in the Knights of the Vale and they obliterate Ramsey's army.

Arya's Revenge on the Freys

Picture Credit

Season 7 Episode 1: After the Frey's banquet to celebrate their victory at Riverun, Walder Frey sits alone waiting for his sons to arrive. The servant girl points out that his sons are in the dinner he was eating, and his is appalled. The girl peals back her face to reveal Arya Stark. She slits his throat telling him that she wanted him to die at the hands of a Stark as revenge for the Red Wedding. Later, Walder Frey calls his kin in for another feast, and he proposes a toast. After they drink, they realize the wine is poisoned and they all die. Walder pulls back his face to reveal Arya Stark again. She tells the only survivor to tell other that "The North Remembers". This was the best revenge that took place within the show.

Targaryens vs Lannisters

Picture Credit

Season 7 Episode 4: During the first real battle in which Danny's dragons are used, there is obviously a lot of fire. Seeing the fear on the Lannister's faces as they are being attacked by savages and dragons is priceless. This is one of the best battle scenes in the entire show so far. Although, they quickly learn that the enemies have found ways of killing her dragons, which shows that extra caution should be used from this point on.

The Death of Little Finger

Picture Credit

Season 7 Episode 7: Since the beginning, all Little Finger has wanted is power. He will do anything to get power. This time, he tries to turn Arya and Sansa against each other, but they catch onto his plan. With Arya in front of her in the great hall, she announces that there is a traitor who needs to be punished. Instead of saying Arya's name like Little Finger intended, she announces his own. In outrage, he pleads for his life. But the two woman are not swayed, and Arya kills him. In my opinion, this was the best way that Little Finger could have died: Right in the middle of one of his schemes.

Jon and Danny's Relationship

Picture Credit

Season 7 Episode 7: A romantic relationship formed between Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryen, who are arguably the two most loved characters on the show, and the most epic. During the scene in which they become intimate, Bran is voicing over that they are actually related. This relation means that Danny is Jon Snow's aunt. To end the most recent season, this comes at quite a large shock, that the two characters have yet to find out about.