My Top 10 Favorite Episodes Of 'True Crime Obsessed' That I Highly Recommend Listening To

If you are looking for a podcast that combines crime and humor, I could not recommend a better podcast than this one!

7392

Gillian Pensavalle and Patrick Hinds came together two years ago and made the podcast I listen to every single day. They only release episodes once a week, but I am constantly listening to my faves over and over again — and I cannot stop. This podcast combines crime with humor and truly is something I cannot get tired of. These two hosts crack me up, making things that are hard to talk about easy. These are the 10 episodes I cannot get enough of.

Episode 56: "Weiner"

This episode covers the documentary about a New York congressman named Anthony Weiner who sent some pictures to girls that he probably should not have. This episode cracks me up beyond belief. The way they can turn something so gross to think about into something so funny amazes me. They hit on some funny headlines published during this time, the wife of Anthony Weiner and pineapple. Their banter and humor make the 70-minute podcast go by so fast.

Listen here.

Episode 26: "Tabloid"

This episode has so many twists and turns. It can be kind of hard to follow solely because the story is absolutely insane. This woman kidnaps her boyfriend after he goes away on a Mormon trip but tries to convince everyone she did not kidnap him when he literally told everyone she kidnapped him — that's just a small five-minute story.

Listen here.

Episode 58: "The Galapagos Affair"

This episode covers the documentary about a couple from 1930s Germany who decides that they hate people and want to move to the vacant Galapagos Islands. This episode has diary entries, a baroness, burros, and a lot of weird deaths. This is quite a funny episode. It takes something so confusing and makes it hilarious.

Listen here.

Episode 2: "Catfish"

This episode dives into Nev Schulman's documentary about how he, himself, was catfished. This is not true crime, but it is hilarious, although it seems like there is nothing about crime, they find something — and I am pretty sure the crime in this episode is Nev's chest hair. This is a very very funny episode and is one of their firsts, so you see how they have really grown with each other as you continue listening.

Listen here.

Episode 49-50: "Evil Genius" (Episodes 1-4 of the Netflix Series)

occ-0-114-116.1.nflxso.net

These two episodes are hilarious, Gillian will NOT let you forget that the "genius" in this documentary is really no genius at all. The garbage bell is ringing and there is no stopping it. The entire two episodes were full of laughter and although it seems like a hard topic to get through, they make it so easy.

Listen here and here.

Episode 59: "The Devil and Father Amorth"

static.rogerebert.com

I listen to this episode at least 2 times a week. This covers the documentary done by the man who directed The Exorcist and trust me — he tells you at least 100 times and so do Gillian and Patrick. This is by far one of the funniest episodes they have ever done. Everything is fake and they make sure you know it, have a good laugh with them.

Listen here.

Episode 61: "Demon House"

cdn.collider.com

Zak Bagans, ghosts, screaming and a lot of laughs. Gillian's impression of Zak is unmatched. This is my favorite episode ever put out by the TCO duo. If you love Ghost Adventures but know that it is an obnoxious show, please listen to this!

Listen here.

Episode 73: "Fyre Fraud"

iluvcinema.com

This episode covers a guy who decides he wants to plan a giant music festival that does not exist on an island that really is nothing like what he told people it would be. Ja Rule is somehow a very important character to this story and Patrick cannot figure out how to say his name. Take a look at how money can go to your head and somehow make you famous for doing something completely stupid.

Listen here.

Episodes 53-55: "Wild Wild Country" (Episodes 1-6 of the Netflix Series)

occ-1-299-1009.1.nflxso.net

This is quite a big series that gets broken down into three separate episodes but it is nothing but worth it. A town taken over by a cult that does not want to be called a cult has to deal with death, elections, poisoning, loud sex and a ton of homeless people who do not belong. Apparently waxing legs makes you quite popular in the cult world...

Listen to episodes one and two here, three and four here and finally five and six here.

Episode 67: "Abducted in Plain Sight"

www.thatsnotcurrent.com

This documentary took the world by storm! Gillian and Patrick wasted no time taking this documentary and making it hilarious. I cannot explain how hard I laughed when they talked about what the parents did and how absolutely appalled Gillian and Patrick were. This story is messed up and very crazy but somehow all comes together with jokes and confusion that we experience with the hosts.

Listen here.