How To Celebrate Thanksgiving When Everybody Else Is Already On Christmas
Life Stages

10 Ways To Get Into The Thanksgiving Spirit Even When Christmas Music Is Already Playing Into Your Life

It's still fall, y'all.

51

It's only the beginning of November, but Christmas music is already being played, stores are selling Christmas decorations and businesses and individuals have started decorating for the Christmas season. However, it's only fall!

November is a month where the weather starts to drop, leaves change colors and begin to fall, and the festive, holiday season starts. Most importantly, Thanksgiving occurs, which you can't just skip over and head into the month of December.

So, even though it's impossible to escape Christmas's cheer, here are some ways to celebrate November and Thanksgiving.

1. Learn a family recipe. 

It can be as small as cooking a simple dish or attempting something that is going to be served at Thanksgiving for everyone. This is the perfect opportunity to bond with a family member and create delicious food; both great in the long run.

2. Order a fall drink at Starbucks. 

Yes, Pumpkin Spice Lattes are still in season. But there are way more drinks to try that are only available in the fall.

3. Take a moment and make a list of everything you are grateful for.

The list can range from friends and family, to jobs and amazing occasions.

4. Take a walk on USC's beautiful campus.

It is universally known that the horseshoe is a gorgeous spot to be outside. You can grab a fall Starbucks drink then head over to the horseshoe to see all the leaves changing colors, or even for a mini photoshoot. Campus is definitely one of the prettiest places in this metropolitan city.

5. Host a Friendsgiving potluck. 

This sounds complicated and like a lot to do, especially if you don't cook, but it can be as relaxed as you make it. Focus on friends being together, having a good time, and eating delicious food over stressing about to make a dish or being prepared for this potluck.

6. Organize a game of two-hand touch football.

Who didn't grow up playing this for Thanksgiving?

7. Donate canned food to a shelter. 

A part of the giving season is being thankful about everything you have and this a great opportunity to help the less fortunate. I know everyone has some canned foods laying around that will never be eaten.

8. Visit a local orchard. 

There are many activities like apple picking or cider tasting. If you're of age, alcohol like beer or hard cider is always available to taste, as well.

9. Watch the classic movie "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving." 

Throwing it back to childhood and watching this movie in class during the Thanksgiving party.

10. Come up with a want list of items you wish to buy on Black Friday.

This can be a game plan, depending on how much of a shopper you are. And if don't like to shop, write down items and the deal so you're prepared to make a quick entry and fast getaway with your purchase. It's useful for anyone planning to go Black Friday shopping, which from experience research is needed.