Thanksgiving Foods: Ranked

Thanksgiving Foods: Ranked

Your popular favorites

7
Thanksgiving Foods: Ranked

Every Thanksgiving, we all gather around to eat food that we don't eat at any other time of the year. There is a definitive ranking to which of these foods is best, and here it is.

1. Pie

My favorite is cherry, but pumpkin pie is king. If you can get away with eating dessert first, i would highly recommend.

2. Crescent Rolls

My family only has crescent rolls at Thanksgiving, so these are a real treat. So flaky!

3. Mashed Potatoes

Pour the gravy on!! Mashed potatoes taste so much better at Thanksgiving.

4. Green Bean Casserole

The only time eating vegetables is fun is when you're eating them in a casserole.

5. Turkey

The main dish. It's good, especially if done well (I've been lucky to have eaten good turkey over my years), but it's not a showstopper. The sides are really the interesting part of Thanksgiving.

6. Cranberry Sauce

You either hate it or love it. I've always been indifferent, so I put it toward the bottom.

7. Stuffing

The only thing it's good for is sopping up extra gravy, unless it's really, really good with lots of meat. Otherwise, it's just a plate filler.

8. Salad

This is only on the list because someone in your family required that a REAL vegetable be present.

9. Sweet potatoes

Upon asking around, this was found to be the least favorite Thanksgiving food. Who knew sweet potatoes were so hated?

To summarize, no one's complaining about Thanksgiving food. A day dedicated to giving thanks and eating with family and friends? Count me in!!