Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays and one of the most difficult holidays at the same time. I love getting together with my family. It's wonderful to be making memories while enjoying a delicious feast of turkey, ham, dressing, cream corn, mac n' cheese, rolls, green beans, and the canned cranberry sauce that rarely gets eaten. Plus all of those yummy desserts.

Yet, for someone with a history of an eating disorder, Thanksgiving is a challenge. Not only do we have to face some of our biggest fear foods all compiled into one meal; we are also bombarded with toxic "diet-talk."

"Oh goodness. I am gonna have to start eating Keto on Monday after all of these carbs."

"I am glad I wore my fat pants today."

"I didn't eat breakfast so I don't have to feel bad about all of these calories."

"I'd have to run 20 miles to burn off all of these calories."

From family members to posts on Facebook, these are just a few of the comments that are often made regarding Thanksgiving.

Unfortunately, Thanksgiving has become more about the food than family. While this is not true for everyone, it is a mindset that an overwhelming number of people have towards this holiday.

Maybe you ate a little (or a lot) more than you normally do, but that is okay. One meal is not going to make or break you. One meal is merely a blip in the grand scheme of your life.

Don't let one meal take away from the gratitude that fills our hearts on Thanksgiving. Don't let it rob you of laughter and memories with your family and friends.

You are not "wrong" because you went back for seconds or tried every kind of dessert.

It's only ONE day.

if you want to go to the gym because it makes you feel good to move your body- great! But please, please don't force yourself to run 6 miles because you feel the need to punish yourself for how much you ate at Thanksgiving.

Your body did nothing to deserve punishing workouts. Your worth is not found in your pants size, your weight, or your exercise routine (or lack thereof).

When you can find your worth in the marvelous God who created you, your outer appearance will grow dim.

Of course, this doesn't mean that we should throw away all our cares and treat our bodies poorly. However, it means having grace with yourself and finding joy in the blessings that we have been given.

Throughout the holidays, let your heart relish in the joy of family, friends and even the delicious food.

Cherish the time with your loved ones because these are the precious moments that quickly become memories.