Thanksgiving Dinner Is Not The Time To Ask Personal Questions Every Year

Let's talk about how good the cheesecake is, not if I have all A's.

3

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays because it is literally food galore! Not that I don't pig out every day, but it's something about Thanksgiving food that excites me. It would be nice to enjoy all the lovely food items and dessert without being interrogated by aunts, uncles, cousins, or grandparents about things that may not be too enjoyable. I'm sure I am not the only one who feels that way. Maybe it isn't done on purpose, but it still needs to STOP!

I don't mind the "how's school going" question. It's not that big of a deal. However, I also don't want to talk about it the entire time! If I reply with "good" please leave it at that. It may actually be good, or I could be lying. Everything could be crashing and burning, but I don't want you to know that. I spend months there... please, I'm on break, let me enjoy it.

Surprisingly, the "do you have a boyfriend" question does not bother me either. However, if I say "no" don't follow it with a "why not"? I just don't, end of the story. I am in my early 20s, a boyfriend is not a necessity. No shade but in case you haven't noticed, my generation is a bit different. We don't rush to have babies, get married, or depend on people to validate us just so we can say "I'm taken". Some of us want to establish ourselves first. Anyways, back to the macaroni and cheese!

Also, if everyone is on the same political page, having a conversation surrounded by it doesn't hurt. But please do not try to force someone to get on your side or tear them down because they aren't. It's Thanksgiving day people, I just want to eat and enjoy the company.

Pass me the biscuit bowl!