If you're anything like me, you like to eat, can't cook to save your life, adore holidays, and always try to sneak dessert before the main meal.
In my book, dessert is the best part and always worth the calories. Don't get me wrong, my momma's stuffing could bring about world peace, but the star in my book is always our homemade apple and pumpkin pies. These are the only two dishes I can make without burning down the house and they are always a crowd pleaser. But this year, I want to change it up.
As I scroll through Facebook daily, I see all kinds of holiday baked goods that are just screaming for me to attempt them. I tend to save the pages and ideas, and I scoured my saved recipes to share just with you!
If you love apple pies, pumpkin anything, chocolate, cheesecake, and cinnamon rolls, look no further.
Again, if you're anything like me, you also can't understand a recipe when it's just words and measurements. To make your holiday baking as simple as possible, the videos can be watched and the recipe will unfold right before your eyes.
Forget the Tupperware at home for these desserts are sure to go the first time around.
Recipes and videos courtesy of Tasty, Tastemade, and Delish! If videos aren't enough, the link to the full recipe is below each video. Enjoy!
1. Caramel Apple Pie Bake
2. Pumpkin Pie Dip
15 oz. can of pumpkin
5 oz. box of instant vanilla pudding mix (just the powder)
16 oz. container of whipped topping
1/2 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
Small- medium pumpkin
1. Mix the pumpkin, vanilla pudding mix, whipped topping, and pumpkin spice in a large bowl.
2. Ready to serve (or chill for later) with apples, graham crackers, ginger snaps and more!
Serving suggestion: Serve in a hollowed out small/medium sized pumpkin. Top with cinnamon.
3. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Whoopie Pies
Recipe: (Makes 18 pies)
For the cookies:
- 2 c. brown sugar
- 1 c. vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 cups canned pumpkin
- 3 c. flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 c. chocolate chips
For the filling:
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
1. Mix the brown sugar and oil. Add eggs and pumpkin, and mix. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon, and mix. Stir in chocolate chips and pipe (or scoop) 2 tbsp at a time onto a baking sheet. Bake at 350°F/177°C for 10 minutes.
2. Beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Mix in powdered sugar and vanilla. Spread onto half of the cooled cookies, and top with the rest of the cookies.
4. Slow Cooker Cranberry Apple Pie Cobbler
5. Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie
6. Cinnamon Sugar Apple Cider Doughnuts
7. Toffee Apple Bread Pudding
Recipe: (Serves 6)
100 grams brown sugar
100 grams butter
6 apples, sliced
1/2 loaf bread (400 grams), cut into chunks
200 milliliters double cream
200 milliliters milk
Vanilla ice cream, to serve.
1. Preheat the oven at 180°C/350˚F.
2. Prepare the toffee by gently heating the brown sugar and butter together over a low heat in a saucepan.
3. Once bubbling, stir in the apple slices for a few minutes and take off the heat just as they start to soften.
4. Lay out half of the apple slices in a oven-proof dish and then throw the bread chunks on top.
5. Lay the rest of the apple slices on top and set the remaining toffee mixture aside.
6. In a jug, mix together the cream, milk, and eggs. Pour all over the apple slices and bread.
7. Bake for 1 hour.
8. Reheat the toffee mixture and then pour over the bread pudding.
9. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
8. Caramel Apple Crumble Cheesecake
9. Mini Vanilla Apple Strudels
10. White Chocolate Strawberry Cheesecake
11. Blackberry, Pumpkin, Pecan, and Apple Pies!
Details to add to your already stellar pie recipes!
12. Cookie Butter Cheesecake Bars
13. Apple Cinnamon Roses with Cream Cheese
14. Upside Down Apple Cake
15. Pumpkin Spice Pull-Apart Bread
16. Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
17. Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake
18. Cheesecake Stuffed Pumpkin Bread
19. Snickerdoodle Blondies