Thanksgiving Break is a Tease

Thanksgiving Break is a Tease

When the semester is over, campus basically looks like an episode of the Walking Dead.

79
Thanksgiving Break is a Tease
Kaboom Pics

November for college students is a bigger tease than Taylor Swift waiting to put "Reputation" on Apple Music. It’s a constant “Just waiting for Thanksgiving break”, and a never ending pool of material that needs studied. We know the end is just around the corner, which makes “Just pushing through these last few weeks” a difficult challenge for all of us.

At this point in the semester, the cafeteria’s food is tasting worse, and doing a 5 minute assignment takes at least an hour. Students are worn out and we don’t even want to think about finals week because we are all stressing out to finish projects and those dreaded assignments that were given out at the beginning of the semester. (That of course were procrastinated until now). Dorms rooms and apartments are beginning to feel smaller and smaller, I swear my bed shrinks a few inches every night. All we are longing for is a home cooked meal, and a day to ourselves.

Thanksgiving break makes most of the student body realize how much they're going to miss their “college friends” over the cold winter break. It also makes us realize that winter isn't holding back and it's getting colder and colder every day. For the few weeks we are forced to walk to and from classes, we drag our legs through the snow, and PRAY that the professor will be kind enough to cancel class (they won’t). We try to catch up on sleep, since we know how many all nighters are likely to happen over the course of the next few weeks.

Which is why Thanksgiving break is a tease. It’s the break we all long for in the month of November, but returning from the week long break is one of the hardest thing to do. After eating our weight (or more) in good food, we are forced to return and finish out the semester. We return to the papers we still need to write, the group projects that need finished and a never ending supply of words that need memorized before finals.

The drive back to campus after the break seems long, but we dread what’s going to happen once we are back, more than the drive itself. Suddenly, Christmas is around the corner. College students spend weeks of our lives preparing for finals, and most of us resemble zombies due to lack of sleep. When the semester is over, the campus basically looks like an episode of the Walking Dead.

Thanksgiving break is SUCH a tease.