Why Thanksgiving Did Not Go As You Had Hoped

You were still exhausted and still had to pass in a research paper, but maybe you should still be thankful.

9
News nster

Last week should have been a breeze. Thanksgiving break should be a delightful extended weekend of family, friends and food (or if you didn't go home, it should have been a marvelous three extra days of refreshing and holy sleep.) Unfortunately, things don't usually turn out as we hope.

1) You were so excited to come home.

You missed your bed, your kitchen, the way your toilet flushes. But unfortunately, after you arrived the magic quickly wore off and you started wishing you were back on campus.

2) You were expecting the only thing to be piled up in front of you to be turkey, mashed potatoes, and lots and lots of pie.

However, if you were like so many of the unfortunate who had a lot of work to do over break, your week might have looked a little more like this.

3) But then you see your friends and family and you hug and laugh and everything is great—

—until that one uncle starts to be blatantly and uncomfortably racist. And your old group of friends all hate each other and things get awkward.

4) But you still have extra time to sleep right?

That can never let you down! Unfortunately, you probably found out that even if you go to bed at 1am and wake up at 2pm you will still be just as tired the next day and want a nap.

5) But regardless of any shortcomings you had this Thanksgiving, remember what the holiday was about and remember all you have to be thankful for.

That 8-10 page research paper you had to turn in is done and it doesn't matter anymore. You'll do fine on your finals and your family will always unconditionally love you. There is so much we need to be thankful for and let's remember we have so much to look forward to, like winter break being work free!