Going Right Into Christmas Mode After Halloween Does NOT Mean We Are Skipping Over Thanksgiving

Don't let the haters change your mind.

26
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ee/The_Nightmare_Before_Christmas_%282944550316%29.jpg
Wikimedia

It's that time of year again. Halloween has come and gone even quicker this year, and now, November is here. But wait, there is a problem.

Freeform's "25 Days of Christmas" schedule has already been posted online. Christmas shopping and cooking commercials are already on TV. Christmas decor has been up in Walmart since mid-October.

Did we skip over November? The answer is...

No, Linda.

Not a big deal.

November is still very much here, loved, and appreciated. November's weather is wonderful and still enjoyable to be outside, and come on, we can't forget about Thanksgiving! Who would forget about the turkey, mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie, and time with family?

Just because Christmas has already been announced before we could even blink, it doesn't mean we skipped over Thanksgiving.

I see it in a way that I'm sure many others would see it. Christmas is a big holiday, and it takes a lot of time to prepare for it. We need a huge window to buy gifts for others, and we need time to plan travel arrangements and who is hosting Christmas dinner. Christmas is so big that there are tons of winter festivities and events anyone can go to.

Thanksgiving is still big, but it takes slightly less time to plan. We have all November to worry about who is making the pies or decide whether we should use canned cranberry sauce or make our own. Traveling can be arranged promptly, and to be honest, can you name five different Thanksgiving events off the top of your head?

Since we are so quick to jump to conclusions today, don't get me wrong: I'm not bashing on Thanksgiving. It is my second favorite holiday and I enjoy very much. However, it is the holiday season officially, and Christmas is huge. It takes a lot of time, and people are most stressed, especially financially, during this time.

Going from Halloween (October 31st) to Christmas (November 1st) is not frowned upon, and it shouldn't be socially unacceptable. I see you Halloween fans start decorating your houses in August! So, don't give me that excuse. I will proudly play my Christmas music at full volume in my car on my way to work if I want to, even when it's November 2nd.

Hey, if Mariah Carey says that "it's time," that means business. It is the Christmas season. Don't let the haters try to change your mind. We love Thanksgiving just the same; it's never forgotten. But Christmas is still big if you celebrate it.

Really, I'm celebrating both at the same time, and I know I'm not the only one who is excited! I love this time of year and that won't change.