The 16 Thank-Yous My Best Guy Friend Deserves

The stereotype that men and women can't be friends, is hilariously untrue to me.

4548
McKenna Tunney

Thank you.

I feel that I can speak for most people when saying finding a genuine friend of the opposite sex can be hard to come by. If you get yourself one of those, don't let them go.

I knew since the first day I met you that you'd be stuck with me for life.

I look back and cry laughing at all the memories that we've made thus far, and I truly can't wait for all the ridiculous mems to come. Don't know what I would do without your killer dance moves and amazing/horrible taste in music.

My best guy friend is someone that I can truly confine everything in, and he is able to give me different perspectives that other girlfriends may not be able to give me. I probably don't say it enough for how grateful I am for that kind of friendship, love you kiddo.

So, thank you for:

1. Constantly looking out for me, in every single aspect of life.

2. Calling me on my shit.

3. Thank you for having interventions with me when I'm doubting myself, specifically banging on my door -- literally and physically lifting me up, to keep pushing on.

4. Being an amazing male role model in my life, when I may not have any others to look towards.

5. Bringing to my recognition that I am beautiful inside and out.

6. Literally dropping everything to be a shoulder to cry on.

7. Keeping my faith alive in the good intentions of men.

8. Not being afraid of what people think.

9. Being there for me physically and mentally when I don't want to be alone, and crashing on the couch and those long facetime seshes.

10. Being able to have hilariously stupid conversations, that can then turn to serious life-altering 6-hour conversations.

11. Taking on the role of the "go-to fake boyfriend at the bar."

12. Getting frustrated with me when I don't see my own potential.

13. Valuing and appreciating the advice I can give to you.

14. Having such an amazing work ethic and drive that keeps me inspired and motivated constantly.

15. Those killer hugs.

16. Being able to make me laugh the hardest I've ever laughed.