You Are The Choices You Make

You Are The Choices You Make

Life isn't about the name brands, but rather life's little blessings

3
You Are The Choices You Make
Kaylee Nungaray

As my 21st birthday quickly arises, I took some time to just stop and think about my life and the choices that brought me here today, I realized that a lot us are more than privileged. If you have a bed to lay your head on at the end of the night, water to drink, and a meal to eat today, you are blessed. I often times find myself taking advantage of the little things in my life. I worry too much about the materilistic things and not enough on the important things. We are more than the clothes we wear, the brands we own, or the phone we can't look up from. We have a lot to be thankful for; people, relationships, the place we call home. So as I stopped to think about my life, I came up with a list of twenty things, that I have been thankful for over the past twenty years.

1. My Family: We may be dysfunctional at times, but they are there because they care

2. My best friend: We all need someone to have secrets with and to know they got your back just like you have theirs.

3. My puppy: A perfect example of unconditional love.

4. Being able to go to school: Learning is a privilege.

5. Clean water: We take this for granted often.

6. Knowing God: Without Him, we are nothing.

7. Being able to learn from mistake: Thankful for a second chance.

8. The teachers in my life: They help shape you in so many ways.

9. Being healthy: Taking care of yourself is so important.

10. Sleeping in a warm bed every night: It is easy to take for granted, until you don’t have one.

11. Being able to hear laughter: Not everyone can hear this beautiful sound.

12. Seeing the sun shine every day: Some only know darkness.

13. Feeling safe and secure: Being able to feel this way in not guaranteed for everyone.

14. Having the ability to dance: I have two legs that work and that is something to glorify God for.

15. Feeling pain: Without it, joy would be difficult to appreciate.

16. Wisdom: I may not know it all, but through my years I have gained so much through life.

17. Having clothes to wear every single day: This is a gift not everyone can have.

18.Tears: When there are no words, it’s a perfect way to express your feelings.

19. Facing challenges: Without challenges, we wouldn’t be who we are today.

20. Love: Without it, we have no hope of belonging.

I thank God for leading me to where I am, and guiding me every day; for giving us life daily. We are far more than blessed. And sometimes we just need to be reminded that life is more than the little things.