6 Reasons Why I Am Thankful For My Little Sister

I wouldn't be who I am without my sister.

97
Author's photo
For many, sisterhood means having a friend who will be there for life, and who was there in its beginning. Siblings can share childhood memories with you that nobody else can connect to in quite that special way. Your sister may drive you crazy, or she may inspire you.
-Unknown

We may not be blood, but she's my sister. My little sister has been my rock, my shoulder to cry on, my go-to advice, my love and my pain. For years I never knew a love so strong could exist. I never knew that my little sister would be the reason for me growing up so soon or that I would become a "second opinion" in all she does in this lifetime. I never expected her to NEED me as much as she does.

If you have a little sister, just know she looks up to you and watches every move you make. Please know that once they grow up they aren't going to listen to the advice you give because they have learned from your mistakes, yet they still want to make the same mistakes themselves. All you can do is love them regardless and NEVER say "I told you so" when sometime turns out the way you expected it too.

1. She has been through it all with me

My little sister is my lifeline, literally. Without her, I don't know where I would be in this crazy world. Without her, I would be so far gone and so lost in this crazy life I've lived. She has been with me through every single heartbreak, every bad decision {I'm not proud of that at all} and every life-changing decision I've ever made. She has lived life through me at times, and for that, I will forever be thankful. At age 18, she doesn't have the desire to do the things I did at 18. She doesn't run wild, she doesn't flip-flop through boyfriends, she doesn't live on the edge. She's content, and I am so proud of the person she has become.

2. She accepts me for who I've been, who I am, and who I have yet to become

She has loved me through it all, and never once given up on me. Through all my mistakes, she was the one person to love me without ever giving up on me and leaving me completely. She has never judged me silently, she is a very opinionated little girl. She has never made me feel alone. She has never let me go through any obstacles in life, alone. After all the hell I've put her through, she still loves me to no end and for that, I am extremely thankful.

3. She is my "Come to Jesus Meeting" QUEEN

Anytime I have strayed away from my morals, or anything important in life, she has always been the one to stop me in my tracks and tell me to "Slow down, and think a little". I may not listen the first, second, third, or even the fourth time but eventually, I will.

4. We have never been able to stay mad at each other

For the sake of both our lives, we need each other. No matter how bad we piss each other off, we always come to the realization that life would not be even remotely close to fun without the other. She has always been the one to say whats on her mind, and I do the same. Sometimes we don't like what the other has to say, but it always comes from the heart.

5. We can talk about ANYTHING, and I mean A N Y T H I N G

From boy problems to female problems, we have talked about it all. Boyfriends, best friends, school, sports, events, PERIODS, anything and everything. No matter what, we always give our best advice to one another and we move on.

6. She still lets my 22-year-old self live through her

If I've ever needed someone to just hang out with, she has been my go-to. I live out my missed high school experiences through her, and she seems to not care one single bit. I've never cheered for anyone 12-18 hours out of a day, but I do for her. I've never spent an entire paycheck in two days, but I have just to support her. She has let me be apart of all school and sporting events for the past 5 years with no complaining, even when I tell her to change her stance when she is at the plate with a 3.2 count (LOL). She has ALWAYS thanked me for being her supporter and her biggest critique.

Without her, I wouldn't be who I am today. Without her, I wouldn't love like I do today, Without her, I wouldn't be happy and content with my everyday life. WITHOUT HER, I WOULD BE LOST.