Thankful For It All

Thankful For It All

I've got a gratitude attitude.

40
Thankful For It All
Aaron Burden

Thanksgiving is the "official" start of the holiday season and each year I start to reflect around this time due to the constant question: "What are you thankful for?" I usually say something simple or funny such as "I'm thankful for dogs" (which is beyond true, I have no idea where I'd be with out their slobbery kisses and constant,unwavering love). However, I usually have a hard time putting into words the serious gratefulness because there is just so much to be thankful for.

I'm thankful for God.

I may not be the best Christian out there, but I try my darnedest to be the best I can. I know I fail practically daily, but God forgives me everyday. I'm thankful Jesus died for me on the cross and that through Him, I have eternal life which means I have nothing to worry about. I'm content with life and I don't need to look into what is coming next. I can give all my troubles up to Him and know that He will help with anything I need. I'm thankful God loves me no matter what.

I'm thankful for my family.

Although we don't always see eye to eye on everything, my parents really made me into who I am today. My brothers are wonderful too. I am constantly thinking to myself that if my parents and my little brothers weren't the people they are, I wouldn't be the person I am either. Everything could be different, but I am thankful that it isn't. I'm thankful that everything is just how it is.

I'm thankful for all my friends.

There are so many people who have a special place in my heart. I'm lucky that I still keep in touch with my friends from high school. I'm grateful to have my friends who I see everyday walking into class. I'm thankful for my roommates who have to deal with me on a daily basis, I'm extremely lucky for all the random friends I have made through social events or my organizations, and also for Sara, who I randomly met at a college visit four years ago and even though I've only had the chance to be with her about three times in my life, we are in constant communication. I'm thankful that each friend consistently brings out the best version of myself and each one has taught me how to love in different ways.

I'm thankful for my boyfriend.

I try and shy away from this subject usually. I hate being cliche but I really am overjoyed that for some reason or another, my boyfriend keeps me around. After meeting him this past February, he has shown me what true happiness is. He lets me rant when needed and let's me watch all the HGTV shows I want. I'm grateful he also doesn't make of fun of me for asking everyone who has a dog if I can pet it. I'm even more thankful he chooses to love me every day.

I'm thankful for this year's experiences.

I started off this year randomly taking a trip to see my friend, Sara, in Florida. I booked a flight for the first week of January and I was off to DisneyWorld, staying with a girl I had only met once before (3 years ago). I'm thankful that this trip kicked off the tone for the rest of the year. It helped me get in the mindset that I really CAN do anything. I should try everything I possibly can while I can. I got a new job (and then 2 other ones as well!) I moved out of my parents house into an apartment with two awesome roommates. I chose to run to be an officer for CEO and I was lucky to be elected as Chief Marketing Officer. I was even able to attend a conference in Tampa, Florida! This past week I was elected to hold a position in DSP as well. I chose to apply to Love Your Melon and have been given so many opportunities to help young kids with cancer. I'm thankful that each of these experiences have helped me grow in numerous ways, and again, I'm thankful for the people who I get to interact with through these experiences.

I'm thankful for this year's troubles.

Not everything has gone according to plan (let's be honest, it RARELY does). Although I have been blessed with the life I have, it's not always easy. This year was full of unpredictable events and each one has only helped me grow. I learned how to settle hostile situations. I'm grateful I learned when to walk away but also when to keep going. I'm thankful I was taught how to love myself and what I'm worth.

I'm thankful I have woken up every day (so far).

Even though there are some days where I may not have wanted to, where maybe not waking up would be easier or better. However, I have woken up every day and (besides the fact that I may love salt and ice cream a little too much) I'm healthy. I have been blessed with opportunities EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. I am thankful that I can do literally anything that I want and that I have the ability able to work hard to achieve all my goals.

Honestly I could go on and on about what I'm thankful for, which is why I usually give a short answer in front of friends and family when presented with the "what are you thankful for?" question. Every single detail in my life has led me up to this exact moment and I'm thankful for each one of them because although I may complain, I don't have any room to. I'm blessed with the best friends, family, God, opportunities, and love. I'm thankful my life is everything that it is.