5 Thank Yous For The Guy Who Wouldn't Commit To Me

5 Thank Yous I Owe To The Guy Who Wouldn't Commit To Me

Thank you for not choosing me.

6327

I was sad for days over a guy who wouldn't commit to me. I couldn't figure out why he had no problem committing to his ex or why I wasn't good enough to just commit to. Now I have to thank him for these five things.

1. Thank you for making me realize what I deserved. 

Thank you for teaching me that I deserve someone who thinks about me all of the time. I deserve someone who grins when they see a notification from me pop up on their phone. I deserve someone who puts in effort.

2. Thank you for making me question myself.

This may seem a little sarcastic but it is not at all. I had to question what I really wanted in life right now, was I making myself look like the person who was interested in a long term relationship? What was I portraying? I had to completely learn to look at myself they way Jesus does because of you not making me feel worthy and it was the best thing that ever happened to me.

3. Thank you for not choosing me.

I am not saying you had options because maybe you were only "talking" to me but you made me feel like I was a second choice. You made me feel like I was someone who you would only text when you were drunk/bored. I was a second choice to anything you ever had going on. I am thankful you didn't choose me though because I would've let you choose me and then I would've spent a life time being half loved by someone I fully loved.

4. Thank you for making me smile.

I am not writing this article to imply that there were no good times in our "situation-ship", there were absolutely amazing times. You used to give me butterflies when you would hit me with a "good morning beautiful" I just wished it would've been consistent. When you would look over at me in the car and giggle because I knew all the words to "Talkin' Tennessee" that would make me smile like a small child on Christmas morning. These were some of the happiest times of my life but I am experiencing true joy now because I can make myself smile and my friends and family make me the happiest.

5. Finally, thank you for teaching me to be bold.

I was a shy quiet girl when we first met and now I am bold. I finally worked up the nerve to ask you if you really ever seen a relationship with me after eight months of talking and you're "I'm not ready for one and won't be for a while" was everything I needed to hear. It taught me to ask peoples intentions before we are eight months into "talking" I don't even attempt to talk to a boy now if that isn't his main goal.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.