To My Toughest Semester Yet, Thank You For The Opportunities, Lessons, And Motivation

I may have struggled, but I, without a doubt, came out on top.

103
Sarah Hertz

To the semester from hell,

Wow, I cannot believe that it's been two weeks since the end of finals. Grades have come out, relaxation has begun, and I have finally had some time to soak all of the semester's occurrences. There is so much that I can say that is bad about you, so much that makes me angry, but, after so much thought, all I can say is thank you.

Thank you for teaching me to dig deep and be vulnerable. There were so many times where I felt like this semester could not end, better yet, would not end, but being able to confide in those closest to me and finding my purpose in each and every exam, assignment, and reading that I had done allowed me to get through some of the tougher times. I never knew that I had it in me to rely on others so much, which, ultimately, allowed me to grow as a student, but even more, as a person.

That's a life lesson I could have never learned if it weren't for this tough semester.

Thank you for proving to me that I can get through anything. Between the schoolwork, extracurricular activities, and trying to find an internship, there were so many times where I felt my world crumbling down and that nothing could or would go in my favor. But, the thought of persevering and getting through all of the hardships that you threw at me showed me that I really am stronger than I have ever anticipated or known, another invaluable life lesson that you gave me.

Thank you for giving me so many opportunities to grow and thrive. Each assignment, reading, exam, extracurricular endeavor and interview that I had has helped develop me into a pre-professional that I am so eager to get into the working world. Even though it felt like nothing was going to go my way and, at times, thinking that if I didn't get a professional internship, that I would not be able to succeed in my future, all of the hard work that I had put in these past 4 months has finally paid off.

I am so excited for my summer work endeavors and furthering my professional and academic career.

Although this semester was the toughest of my life and definitely epitomizes the "sophomore slump," as some may call it, I now know that anything difficult that is thrown my way is something that I, without a doubt, can get through. Even though at times it felt like the weight of the world was coming down on me, I have never felt more confident in myself at the end of it. So, thank you to the semester from hell for teaching me so much about myself; you surely are one that I will never, ever forget (both for the good and the bad).