Thank You Tinder

Thank You Tinder

It's strange to be thanking a hookup app, isn't it?
168

Going through a breakup is rough for anybody. I went through one and was convinced that I was never going to meet “Mr. Perfect” or someone who could make me truly happy again. My friends got really sick of my constant moping and the pity party I had for myself, that they downloaded the app Tinder (every college students way to either get dates, meet people, or hookup) on my phone. Tinder is notoriously known as a hookup app and very few people use it to just purely talk to others or try finding relationships.

I started talking to a lot of new people and I really thought it was fun. Just talking to new people and getting to know people was very fun for me. I never had intentions of meeting “that special someone” or hooking up, because anyone who knows me knows that I am most definitely not that girl. But one night, I was bored and logged onto good old Tinder and saw a picture of a boy painting benches, and I knew I had to talk to him. I swiped right and that’s where the adventure began.

The first message I received from the cute boy was asking what my favorite 90s R&B song was. Two weeks later, we went on a breakfast date. A month after that first message, I met his parents, he met mine, and we’ve been dating for six months now.

So, thank you Tinder. You have not only given me friends who I can talk to whenever I want, but you’ve given me my boyfriend: someone who makes me smile every single day, someone who makes me happy when skies are grey, and you’ve given me my best friend.