Should I go to a community college?
Education

A Thank You To Community College

I appreciate everything.

144
A Thank You To Community College

Today was my final day of class at my local community college. A sweet ending to a program that seemed to pass by in an instant. Over the past two years, I gained valuable career experience, made friends of all ages, and established connections with mentors that will last a lifetime. It was finally time to get my degree to signify all of the time and effort I dedicated to my field of study. Although I had graduated a few days prior, I still had one more assignment to complete. It just proves the point that an architect's job is never quite finished.

I want to thank my college for helping me see my potential and encouraging me to be the best version of myself. It wasn't my original plan. I wanted to attend a university straight out of high school to delve into the world of engineering. At the time, my residency wasn't set in stone so I would've had to pay an exorbitant amount of money to attend no matter what school I chose. I later discovered community college and fell in love with the environment and my program on the first day of class.

If I had the chance to go back and do everything over again, I wouldn't change a thing. Having the ability to form bonds with professors and peers alike has improved my outlook on life. I've met a variety of different people, most of which I've communicated with extensively, that have brightened my vision of the future. Being a student in community college has allowed me to gain worldly knowledge from those I never would've met if I had gone to a university. Thank you to my college and my peers for allowing me to see there is more to life than what appears on the surface.