A Thank You Letter To My College

A Thank You Letter To My College

We have a lot to be thankful for.

30
Photo News 247

Dear University,

Thank you for forcing me out of my bubble and throwing me into the world to grow and experience life, because of you I have met people from all over the world and learned things I never thought I would know.

Thank you for the nights I can't remember with the people I will never forget. This is college, it is the time of our lives. You'll never have a good story from the nights you stayed in. We are young and if we don’t go out and do wild things now, we’ll have nothing to smile about when we’re old.

Thank you for my best friends, because of you I now have my people for life. The ones who will be standing next to me at the alter in the bridesmaid dress at my wedding and the ones who my kids will call “aunt” and “uncle.” The friends who are the bad influences on me but I always end up thanking later for the amazing time.

Thank you for forcing me to be responsible. There is no mommy and daddy in college, therefor we are forced to grow up and do things on our own. I am no longer scared to go to the doctor’s office alone or call to make an appointment at the dentist. Living on our own forces us to keep our room clean and do things for our self.

But thank you for not completely throwing me into the adult world. College is weird, you have to be responsible enough to live on your own but then again you aren’t waking up every day to go to a nine to five job and come home to pay the bills. We get that little taste of freedom without completely having to adult every day.

Thank you for the best years of my life. They are not kidding when they say your college years are the best years of your life. It doesn’t get better than this. Time flies especially in college, so it’s important we take in ever second as though it is our last because before you know it we’re walking across the stage at graduation and have to say goodbye to the best times we’ve ever had.

And finally, thank you for giving me a place that is so hard to leave for the summer, but yet so amazing to come back to.

Sincerely,

A very appreciative student