Thank you, Stephen Strange

"Dr. Strange" seemed like a horrible idea to me, an avid Marvel movie and comic fan, when I initially heard about the movie last year. Why would Marvel waste their time on another white male superhero, when they could be doing the infamous pitch made by fans for a Black Widow movie (which is a terrifically popular idea, and *cough cough* should unquestionably not be ignored)? However, I knew that that this movie was imperative to kicking off Phase 3 of the Marvel Cinematic movie Universe (a series of movies and TV shows expanding the world of Marvel and interconnecting all the characters and the struggles they face.) And, boy, my initial thoughts could not be more wrong. This movie was an enthralling picture that more than just captivates its viewers, it infatuates them with the ambience and environment of "Dr. Strange."

Stephen Strange aka Dr. Strange is an arrogant, cocky, self serving and extremely intelligent surgeon whose life is changed for worse because of a fatal car crash. Or the better? Stephen takes both a physical and much needed spiritual journey throughout the course of the movie. A character unsure about his fate, and ultimately defying the laws of time; Stephen's faced with the obstacle of learning how to overcome his new physical limitations after the car crash, and is simultaneously immersed into a world of ulterior dimensions, magic, sorcery and reality warping.

The movie, "Dr. Strange" not only expands the realm that key Marvel Universe characters reside, but introduces a new breed of quality amongst Marvel movies. With it’s plot twists and turns, and the twist and turns of the world, "Dr. Strange" will leave viewers delighted. Dr. Strange proved to be one of the best Marvel movies yet and possibly out of those to come. The movie was exceptionally directed by Scott Dickerson, and Benedict Cumberbatch as Stephen Strange was a role that would not make sense with another casted actor. The visual effects were absolutely fascinating and let the abilities of the characters be depicted in a mind blowing manner. I, also, applaud the composer of the score, Michael Giacchino who adds another amazing repertoire of action intensified and emotionally appealing music to the world of Marvel scores. And while the picture was great, every production has its faults. For example, the whitewashing of the Ancient One and an all too familiar plot.

In the long run, this cinematic production will leave viewers with lasting impressions of the magic that lays in everything and the implications of the preciosity of time. Viewers are left with notion that the he movie is well done, in fact it’s very well done and ensures the coming of another adventure with Stephen Strange. Thank you, Stephen Strange, for teaching us we can not escape fate and showing us the magic that lies in time. Until next time...

(Here’s a tip, see the movie in 3D IMAX it will the powers of Stephen Strange blowing out your brains. Also don’t leave until both credits have been run, for two post credit movie scenes. And be sure to look for Easter eggs!)