14 Reasons To Thank The City Of Saint Louis

For the city that doesn't always get the credit it deserves.
12

I was dragged to Saint Louis kicking and screaming. As a child, I couldn't stand the Midwest! I consider myself to be from New England. But now that I am older, the culture of SaintLouis has really grown on me. I've realized, this place isn't that bad and it's actually really cool. After traveling all over the country (and even the world), I have seen how unique it is to live in Saint Louis. I just want to take a moment to thank Saint Louis for...

1. Going all out for holidays.

Hundreds of Easter Egg Hunts, family gatherings, all types of parades, Christmas lights (you know they are a big deal), and *cough cough* Soulard Mardi Gras *cough cough*

2. Imo's Pizza and Toasted Ravioli (T-Ravs)!

I though New York Style was the only type of pizza, but yo, thin crust and provolone cheese rock. You get to really appreciate the toppings! T-Ravs are a Saint Louis special! Thank the man that decided to take a ravioli and fry it!

3. Cardinals Baseball

It's a religion out here. The Cardinals baseball is always good. GO BIRDS!

4. The weird fascination in high schools.

There is a lot of high schools in Saint Louis, and for some odd reason, it's important as to which one you went to. It's rivalry, it's who you may know, it's what sports you played. So, what high school did you go to?

5. The Zoo

The second best zoo in the U.S. and it's free. I always love going to see the elephants! But there are many critters to see at the Saint Louis Zoo!

6. The 1904 World's Fair

Yeah, you know waffle cones? You're welcome!

7. Because talking to strangers is normal.

No one seems to be very shy around here. Whether you're waiting in line at the checkout, jogging a 5K, eating at a restaurant, it is just normal to talk to the people around you. Maybe it is just me and my friends, but we always seem to make new friends where ever we are.

8. The Loop

I swear every celebrity that has come to Saint Louis has stopped by Blueberry Hill. It's definitely worth a stop. There's also roll ice cream down the street! It is just a unique place to shop and eat.

9. Blues Hockey

There is Canada and then there is Saint Louis. Hockey is a strong organization in Saint Louis, and I'd like to think it's because of the Blues. For 50 seasons this team has called Saint Louis home. Like the Cardinals, it's another religion in Saint Louis. Can I get a "LETS GO BLUES"?

10. Crown Candy!

Heart Stopping BLT. Ice cream. Yum!

11. HWY 270 & HWY 141

Yeah, I just live on these two highways. Sometimes they are cleared, sometimes they are backed up for miles. Either way, I thought I'd mention them for getting me from Point A to Point B.

12. Awesome weather

Just kidding. It's sunny one minute and hailing another. Like the saying goes, "if you don't like the weather wait ten minutes." It's literally "hot and cold" here!

13. Teaching me family is the best medicine

Family is such a big part of the Saint Louis culture. I feel like I have not only gotten closer to my real family, but found my family in my friends I have made. Family is the always there to catch you when you fall, and pick you up and dust you off. Family encourages you to continue chasing your dreams.

14. For just being Saint Louis

Saint Louis is such a unique place. I am just so grateful to call it home. It took me many years and many trips away from Saint Louis for me to realize how special it really is. It makes me so happy to come home after a month away and see the Gateway Arch from the window of the airplane. I have finally accepted Saint Louis as my home, but Saint Louis accepted me years ago.