A Thank You To The Best Mom I Could Have Asked For

This thank you is way overdue.

162

Dear Mom,

I can't even begin to express how grateful I am to have won the Mom game entirely with you. I couldn't have asked for anyone better because I already have the best mom ever.

Throughout my whole life, you've always been my biggest cheerleader. No matter how small or great the victory, you have always been the first person to congratulate me and get just as excited as I am. Even though I'm away at college, you're still this person for me.

On the other hand, every time something doesn't go my way or I get hurt or I'm upset, you're there too. You're mad and sad and upset right along with me. You're here to dislike all of the people I dislike.

In addition, you're the best friend that I could have asked for. Whenever I want to go get food or Starbucks, you're the first volunteer. When I want to have a scary movie marathon, you're there for that too (and probably the only one that ends up awake to tell me what happens at the end of the movie). I always get so excited to come home and hang out with you.

No matter how far away I am, you're still the first one to text me and give me all of the local tea and to listen to all of my minor inconveniences throughout the day. I never feel like I'm very far away from you.

I know that you don't get to choose your mom; it's just the luck of the draw. But if given the choice of anyone, I'd still choose you a million times over.

Thank you for being the wonderful mom that you are. Thank you for always being there for me. Thank you for making me the person I am today. I can never fully express how grateful I am for everything that you do, but I hope this can be a start.

Thank you, Mom. I love you.